Project Manager– m/f
Join a global player in the Railway industry
Project Manager– m/f
As Project Manager, your mission will be to deliver complex Signalling Projects according to QCD commitments.
Your specific responsibilities will be to:
- Deliver projects according to QCD commitments as specified at contract signature under the joint supervision of Solutions VP (or Projects Director) and Customer Director (magic triangle)
- Manage project team: Project Engineering Manager, Project PDI Manager, Project Installation Manager, Project Commissioning Manager, Project QSW Manager, Project Planning Manager, Project Controller
- Support Customer Director in proposing and negotiating variation orders with customer
- Support Customer Director in getting customer acceptance
- Ensures that the Project Team supports & facilitates the mission of the PQM (Project Quality Manager) in respect of applicable process and standards, and guarantees the independence of the PQM
- Supports the PQM in the management of the project warranty, including performance demonstration and timely defects clearance.
- Ensure project methods and tools are applied on project
Through this challenging position, you would have the opportunity to join our teams in Charleroi (Belgium), from where Alstom is active through two centers of excellence:
- Signalling Systems – Center of excellence ERTMS (European standard development and implementation); Power Electronics – Center of excellence Traction Systems (Traction solutions / auxiliary converters / low voltage cabinets).
Important efforts in R&D support the development of these activities contributing actively to promoting a safe and performant railway network as well as sustainable mobility solutions worldwide.
The Alstom Belgium teams have an excellent knowledge and reputation in the global project management and every day from Charleroi, about 1050 employees, among which 500 engineers, are working on more than 100 projects all over the world. Thanks to them, the site of Charleroi makes a significant contribution to worldwide rail transportation development.
Examples of current / recent projects:
- First commercial service of high speed trains and line between Berlin and Munich;
- Participation to Dubai new metro project for 2020 world universal expo;
- Pilot project of Automatic Train Operation in Belgium and in the Netherlands;
- Upgrade of the whole Danish train fleet with new signaling systems;
- Upgrade of most of the Belgium train fleet with new signaling systems;
- Manila upgrade and extension of current transportation system.
- Degree level or equivalent education (engineering related);
- Candidate should possess a project/general management commercial background.
Desired knowledge / Experience:
- World class Project Manager with proven track record in Private Sector;
- 5 years’ experience of managing high value (>10 M Euros) or technically complex projects;
- Experience of Project Management in an international environment;
- Experience of railway industry (preferred but not essential).
A full proficient use of English is mandatory and a good command of French would be preferred. Other languages would be assets (especially German and Dutch).
- Strong leadership;
- Rigour and pragmatism;
- Results focused;
- Use of business indicators;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to fulfil role of interface manager with both the customers and partners.
- Permanent contract in an international company in the TOP3 worldwide in most of its market segments and in constant evolution;
- An attractive salary package with extra-legal benefits;
- We also offer you a career follow-up with an adapted training plan.
Position located in Charleroi Belgium (50 km south of Brussels).
Interested? Don’t be shy, apply now on button POSTULER