Signalling System Engineer – m/f
Join a global player in the Railway industry
Signalling System Engineer – m/f
As a System Engineer and depending on your background and expertise, you will either:
Take part to specific deployment projects by contributing to the system and sub-system specification and definition, by contributing to the customisation of the standard solution. Your main responsibilities will be to be contribute to:
- the definition, specification, analysis and development of group signalling systems;
- their integration and test;
- the realization of tenders and local or international projects;
- the orientation of new products developments;
- the participation to the traceability of functional specifications;
- the improvement of the specifications in function of new specified needs;
- the conception of the system evolutions (mainly in term of maintenance and implementation of a new line).
Contribute to R&D activities to develop the future signalling systems by defining and developing the signalling system architecture and functionalities, defining and allocating requirements, evaluating design trade-offs, analysing technical risks, defining interfaces.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Develop the system documents (functional definition, architecture description and interfaces analysis) and other technical documents
- Ensure that the system technically fulfils the defined needs and enhancements (change requests) and that a proper system engineering approach is being followed
- Throughout the development, providing technical support to V&V, Software and Safety Analysis. Interact with other System Engineers and with other métier engineers to ensure the design fits into the intended architecture.
- Focus on technical process but strive to balance technical concerns with the program commitments deriving from cost & schedule. Minimize, by design, the System deployment cost, lead time and risk.
- Ensure that the system follows standardization approach by reusing existing solutions or by implementing reusable solutions, and by providing an efficient system deployment kit (tools, user documentation…)
- Provide support to Program external stakeholders (Customers, Users, Tenders)
- Propose improvement or innovative actions for future applications
In either case, you would have the opportunity to join our teams in Charleroi (Belgium), from where Alstom is active through two centers of excellence:
- Signalling Systems – Center of excellence ERTMS (European standard development and implementation)
- Power Electronics – Center of excellence Traction Systems (Traction solutions / auxiliary converters / low voltage cabinets)
Important efforts in R&D support the development of these activities contributing actively to promoting a safe and performant railway network as well as sustainable mobility solutions worldwide.
The Alstom Belgium teams have an excellent knowledge and reputation in the global project management and every day from Charleroi, about 1050 employees, among which 500 engineers, are working on more than 100 projects all over the world. Thanks to them, the site of Charleroi makes a significant contribution to worldwide rail transportation development.
Examples of current / recent projects:
- First commercial service of high speed trains and line between Berlin and Munich;
- Participation to Dubai new metro project for 2020 world universal expo;
- Pilot project of Automatic Train Operation in Belgium and in the Netherlands;
- Upgrade of the whole Danish train fleet with new signaling systems;
- Upgrade of most of the Belgium train fleet with new signaling systems;
- Manila upgrade and extension of current transportation system.
Education: Engineering graduate (bac+ 4 or bac +5) in electronics / mechatronics, automatics, Computer science, and/or telecom.
Desired knowledge / Experience:
- Knowledge or (at least) interest in system engineering and in Railways area;
- Experience, from 5 to 15 years, in Signaling and/or ERTMS, in vital railways or aerospace system (from system specification and design up to Test & Commissioning and maintenance) would be a major asset.
- Good general technical background.
- Computer literate.
Language skills: Good French and English oral & written expression. Other languages are assets.
- Good autonomy
- Excellent communication and inter-relational skills
- Open-mindedness, curiosity, will to understand and learn more
- Rigorous, analytical and synthetic turn of mind
- Intercultural mind, integration skills
- Team player
- Permanent contract in an international company in the TOP3 worldwide in most of its market segments and in constant evolution;
- An attractive salary package with extra-legal benefits;
- We also offer you a career follow-up with an adapted training plan.
Position located in Charleroi Belgium (50 km south of Brussels).
Interested? Don’t be shy, apply now to button POSTULER
Plus de recherches comme celle-ci
- Offres | Ingénieur / Ingénieur de production | Transport | Non communiqué
- Offres | Ingénieur industriel | Transport | Non communiqué
- Offres | Ingénieurs - général | Transport | Non communiqué
- Offres | Technique / Production / Maintenance industrielle | Transport | Non communiqué
- Offres | Technique et production - général | Transport | Non communiqué