Offre d'emploi : Software Architect / Development Manager – m/f
Join a global player in the Railway industry
Software Architect / Development Manager – m/f
As a Software architect, your mission will be to specify and design software architecture and deliver software. Depending on your expertise and background, you may endorse an optional role of Software Development Manager and ensure QCD management on software development activities.
Software Architect :
- Contribute to the elaboration of product/system specification & architecture, in collaboration with the Product architect/ System Engineering Manager
- Perform SW activities:
- Define the software requirements specifications;
- Define the software architecture;
- Define main technical choices for SW development;
- Arbitrate and validate major SW design choices;
- Perform SW/SW and HW/SW integration, together with the HW architect;
- Prepare and perform SW requirements tests, SW/SW & SW/HW integration tests and verifications of his/her deliverables, prior to the ones formally performed by a dedicated V&V team (depending on Safety Integrity Level).
• Remain informed of the evolution of technologies through techno watch;
• Contribute to TIS standardization by reusing existing solutions or by defining reusable solutions, including COTS (Component Off the Shelf);
• Apply and ensure application of processes and standards;
• Contribute to continuous improvement (RoE: Return of Experience, process …).
Software Development Manager
• Manage Software development:
- Produce and follow up the WP (Work Package) file (QCD commitments) for the whole SW development;
- Define the technical management plans for software development;
- Organise the software Design Reviews;
- Organise and lead SW development activities so that to ensure QCD commitment, till the end of SW development.
- Establish the consolidated reporting on his/her WP.
In either case, you would have the opportunity to join our teams in Charleroi (Belgium), from where Alstom is active through two centers of excellence:
- Signalling Systems – Center of excellence ERTMS (European standard development and implementation)
- Power Electronics – Center of excellence Traction Systems (Traction solutions / auxiliary converters / low voltage cabinets)
Important efforts in R&D support the development of these activities contributing actively to promoting a safe and performant railway network as well as sustainable mobility solutions worldwide.
The Alstom Belgium teams have an excellent knowledge and reputation in the global project management and every day from Charleroi, about 1050 employees, among which 500 engineers, are working on more than 100 projects all over the world. Thanks to them, the site of Charleroi makes a significant contribution to worldwide rail transportation development.
Examples of current / recent projects:
- First commercial service of high speed trains and line between Berlin and Munich;
- Participation to Dubai new metro project for 2020 world universal expo;
- Pilot project of Automatic Train Operation in Belgium and in the Netherlands;
- Upgrade of the whole Danish train fleet with new signaling systems;
- Upgrade of most of the Belgium train fleet with new signaling systems;
- Manila upgrade and extension of current transportation system.
Education: Engineering Master degree (bac+ 5) with software orientation (or telecom / automatics) with specific training/experience in the fields of software design and development, or other well suited degree/background.
Desired knowledge / Experience:
- SW development management including QCD management, team management and process appliance (5 years min);
- Real time embedded SW development (5 years min);
- Safe SW development;
- Applicative SW, middleware SW and basic SW;
- Rail industry background is highly desirable, alternatively similar industries can also be considered (avionic, automotive, space, medical);
- SW development (Requirements management, Modelling, SW specification, SW architecture, SW coding, SW test, Configuration and change management);
- Methodology/notation : SysML or UML or SA/RT;
- Ada or C++ good level knowledge (or another equivalent language) (5 years min);
- Linux knowledge;
- CENELEC 50128 standard (or other domain related standard).
Language skills: Fluency in written and spoken French. Good written and reading English. Other languages are an asset.