Verification & Validation Engineer/Leader– m/f
Join a global player in the Railway industry
Verification & Validation Engineer/Leader– m/f
Depending on your background and expertise, you will either:
Take part to major deployment projects by leading, organizing and performing the verification, integration and test activities of a specific Trainborne ETCS technical design, based on, and adapted from a generic Alstom solution, which will fit the client’s project needs in terms of Quality, Cost and Delivery.
You will be in charge to define and execute all the project V&V activities related to in-house validation (Verification, Integration, Testing), site validation (Electro Magnetic Compliance, functional, odometric, antenna transmission) and managing the activities performed by Test & Commissioning team on the first vehicle of each train type.
It means that you may have to:
- Manage functionally (not hierarchically) the Project Verification & Validation Team (average size 2-3 people depending on project) and ensure/control their deliverables for the project;
- Represent Alstom in front of customers or partners, for instance to provide overview of Test progress, issues and risks;
- Ensure the application and adherence to the reference processes, methods & tools, requesting deviations whenever appropriate;
- Define and Manage the Project Validation Plan, to ensure proper coverage of customer and design requirements all along the Project, ensuring that Testing provides full coverage to guarantee a correct implementation of the requirements (Functional and Safety);
- Perform full verification and validation of all parameters and data produced on the project.
- Organize and lead verification and validation document reviews;
- Ensure independence of verification from design;
- Define the serial site test to be performed by Test & Commissioning teams, ensure their correct execution and report.
Contribute to R&D activities by leading and organizing the verification, integration and test activities of a generic signalling solutions, based on, and adapted from a generic Alstom solution, which will fit the client’s project needs in terms of Quality, Cost and Delivery.
You will be in charge to define and execute all the V&V activities related to in-house validation (Verification, Integration, Testing) performed either in Charleroi premises or by internal & external partners.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Define global V&V strategy and produces V&V Plan, ensuring consistency of V&V activities (no gap, no recovery, global requirements coverage, quality feedback from customer, rationalization of test means, …);
- Approve test work products along the whole V cycle;
- Synchronize V&V activities along the whole V cycle;
- Have a strong interface with the internal customers to understand their needs (contribution to use case identification) and to ensure support;
- Support investigations on defects detected on test bench or on site;
- Estimate workload, realize scheduling and follow-up of validation activities;
- Organize, monitor and control validation activities under his/her responsibilities (including sub-contracted ones if any) and validation reviews;
- Keep informed of the evolution of technologies through techno watch;
- Contribute to standardization by reusing existing solutions or by implementing reusable solutions;
- Keep a strong link with other engineering disciplines through the whole V cycle;
- Propose improvement or innovative actions for future applications.
In either case, you would have the opportunity to join our teams in Charleroi (Belgium), from where Alstom is active through two centers of excellence:
- Signalling Systems – Center of excellence ERTMS (European standard development and implementation);
- Power Electronics – Center of excellence Traction Systems (Traction solutions / auxiliary converters / low voltage cabinets).
Important efforts in R&D support the development of these activities contributing actively to promoting a safe and performant railway network as well as sustainable mobility solutions worldwide.
The Alstom Belgium teams have an excellent knowledge and reputation in the global project management and every day from Charleroi, about 1050 employees, among which 500 engineers, are working on more than 100 projects all over the world. Thanks to them, the site of Charleroi makes a significant contribution to worldwide rail transportation development.
Examples of current / recent projects:
- First commercial service of high speed trains and line between Berlin and Munich;
- Participation to Dubai new metro project for 2020 world universal expo;
- Pilot project of Automatic Train Operation in Belgium and in the Netherlands;
- Upgrade of the whole Danish train fleet with new signaling systems;
- Upgrade of most of the Belgium train fleet with new signaling systems;
- Manila upgrade and extension of current transportation system.
Education: Engineering Degree (BAC +4 or 5) in Electronics/Mechatronics, Telecom, Automation, Electricity, Robotics or in another similar technical specialty is mandatory.
Desired knowledge / Experience:
- Good analytical skill and previous experience in test & integration are required;
- Writing skills required: clarity, rigor, and concision;
- At least 5 years in relevant positions (systems / sub-systems integration, embedded equipment, electrotechnical product development) in a highly complex and normative environment (railway signalling, aerospace, defense, nuclear) would be a major asset;
- Knowledge of software verification technics (unitary and integration software tests) is an asset.
Language skills: A full proficient use of English is mandatory and a good command of French would be preferred. Other languages would be assets (especially German and Dutch).
Rigorous and reliable / leadership / (self) entrepreneurial / “team motivator” / flexibility.
- Permanent contract in an international company in the TOP3 worldwide in most of its market segments and in constant evolution;
- An attractive salary package with extra-legal benefits;
- We also offer you a career follow-up with an adapted training plan.
Position located in Charleroi Belgium (50 km south of Brussels).
Interested? Don’t be shy, apply now to button POSTULER
Plus de recherches comme celle-ci
- Offres | Ingénieur / Ingénieur de production | Transport | Non communiqué
- Offres | Ingénieur industriel | Transport | Non communiqué
- Offres | Ingénieurs - général | Transport | Non communiqué
- Offres | Technique / Production / Maintenance industrielle | Transport | Non communiqué
- Offres | Contrôle qualité | Transport | Non communiqué