EUROPEAN CONTRACTS BUYER to organisation conext
Organisation context and main job purpose
The role of European Contracts Buyer is accountable for the negotiation and ongoing management of pan European Technical Goods and General Expense contracts.
This role is part of a central procurement organization within the INOVYN business.
Jemeppe-sur-Sambre (preferred) or Evere
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
The post holder will manage a buying portfolio taking direct responsibility for strategic supplier negotiations and external relationships, managing tenders and supplier selection to maximise long and short-term benefits to INOVYN.
The post holder will negotiate and manage contracts for use across all 16 manufacturing sites in Europe, requiring extensive and varied knowledge of the diverse markets and range of suppliers in the assigned purchase portfolio.
The post holder will ensure that during Supplier approval and selection process compliance to safety, health and the environment (SHE) and quality requirements are fully tested to ensure goods and services are provided to the required standard
The post holder will be responsible for driving the delivery of Synergy targets within the category and will act as a category market expert.
The post holder will need to interface with site procurement managers, legal function, engineering and maintenance managers to develop sourcing strategies and approaches to satisfy the extensive and varied requirements of the large number of INOVYN sites.
- Maintain professional knowledge collecting, analysing and researching demands and needs of the internal customers;
- Develop and maintain flexible sourcing strategies that adapt and respond to changes in both external market and internal demand across INOVYN sites for the assigned portfolio;
- Identify opportunities to consolidate the demands of the whole INOVYN business;
- Identify opportunities to implement best-in-class approaches to reduce Total Cost of Ownership;
- Negotiate, establish and manage innovative pan-European purchasing contracts with key suppliers, in line with INOVYN Procurement Excellence principles, to deliver optimum service at minimum cost;
- Establish a relationship with Site Procurement teams and Technical teams which delivers compliance to corporate contracts and preferred supplier lists and ensures internal customer satisfaction;
- Collect and analyse information about the execution of the contract, and ensure reporting to the internal customers and own management;
- Strive for continuous improvement in key supplier’s performance by achieving supplier evaluation process;
- Contribute and ensure appropriate support to the main investment projects.
Key skills and knowledge required
- A degree in an engineering or chemical discipline
- Significant proven experience in a technical and purchasing role in an international and multi-country business context
- An appreciation of the technical challenges of plant operation
- Commercial understanding of diverse markets relevant for the function
- Contract expertise
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills and experience in applying these in high volume negotiations
- Able to lead through influence across multicultural environment
- Results oriented
- Able to prioritise and to plan ahead
- Capability to seek relevant information and to develop an efficient market intelligence information system
- Good commercial acumen
- Good interpersonal skills and relationship building with internal customers and suppliers
- Good communication skills
- Tenacious; “can do” attitude
- Change agent, seeks opportunities for improvement in periods of fast paced change
- Good communicator fluent in written and spoken English and good knowledge of French
- Mobility and willingness to travel to different production sites of INOVYN (max 20%)
Formed on 1 July 2015, INOVYN is a vinyls producer that ranks among the top three worldwide. With a turnover in excess of €3.5 billion, INOVYN has more than 4,000 employees and manufacturing, sales and marketing operations in ten countries across Europe.
INOVYN’s portfolio consists of an extensive range of class leading products arrange across General Purpose and Specialty Vinyls, Organic Chlorine Derivatives and Chlor Alkali. Annual production volumes are in excess of 40 million tonnes.
INOVYN is part of INEOS, which is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, speciality chemicals and oil products. It comprises 30 businesses each with a major chemical company heritage. Its network spans 171 sites in 24 countries throughout the world.
Please send a CV and covering note to Elke De Swaef
HR Manager Support Functions
Postulez à l’offre: EUROPEAN CONTRACTS BUYER to organisation conext
Vous avez déjà téléchargé un CV? Connectez-vous pour postuler instantanément
Plus de recherches comme celle-ci
- Offres | Enseignement / Recherche / Sciences | Sciences des matériaux | Non communiqué
- Offres | Enseignement / Recherche / Sciences - général | Sciences des matériaux | Non communiqué
- Offres | Recherche scientifique | Sciences des matériaux | Non communiqué
- Offres | Ingénieur / Ingénieur de production | Sciences des matériaux | Non communiqué
- Offres | Ingénieur industriel | Sciences des matériaux | Non communiqué