Benelux Category Buyer - FMCG
Our Partner is looking for a talented Benelux Category Buyer for a position in the province Brussels and Benelux.
Our partner is a global leader in the FMCG industry. This constantly expanding company aims to create value by producing the best products made with high quality.
Your responsibilities as a Benelux Category Buyer are as follows:
* You manage the general relationships with our main commercial suppliers. You work closely with the Product Managers and the Category Directors: you can approach the partners in a coordinated way, you guarantee that their offer meets our requirements and you create sufficient space for your internal buy-in.
* You will be assigned two categories, with a purchasing budget of +/- € 280 million / year
* You conduct core negotiations with your main suppliers, and you monitor their performance and related processes: accurate deliveries, quality compliance, finance, data communication, complaint management...
* You ensure the follow-up, control and management of expenses, margins and general performance with a view to optimal performance of the supplier.
* You actively seek market opportunities, you play a leading role in the development and implementation of the accompanying action plans and you solve any problems.
* You explore the market and collect accurate information through various channels (market and sector analyzes, supplier surveys, sourcing events, negotiations, category and market segmentations ...). You share this information with your colleagues and stakeholders.
Your profile as a Benelux Category Buyer is as follows:
* You have a higher diploma (at least bachelor), and you have a good track record in the field of Product / Sourcing / Vendor Management with at least five years' experience.
Previous work experience in Retail / FMCG or a production environment is a big plus
* You are a born negotiator, and you have the necessary commercial, analytical and communication skills to contract large and important suppliers and challenge your internal stakeholders and customers. At the same time you have an open, honest and authentic way of working with your daily activities.
* You are result-oriented, resilient and flexible.
* You have excellent command of English and Dutch or French (either).
* You have experience with various IT systems. Excel has no secrets for you, and experience with SAP is a plus.
* You are willing to travel between the different locations. You will work 1 maximum 2 days abroad, and 3 or 4 days in Brussels.
* The ability to work and grow in an international and dynamic environment with a market leader in its segment.
* An attractive salary supplemented by a series of extra-legal benefits, including a bonus and a company car.