Advanced in-house legal counsel
Advanced in-house legal counsel
The Corporate Legal department of the SD Worx Group (Headquarters in Belgium) seeking an in-house Legal Counsel reporting to the SD Worx General Counsel (hierarchical line) and Global Solutions Head Counsel (functional line). The current legal team is divided in teams operating from Belgium (HQ), UK and Germany.
The primary function is to advise and assist the international business of the SD Worx group (a worldwide HR services provider) on a wide range of legal and related commercial issues and to support on legal and procedural matters.
- Giving sound yet clear, cost effective and highly practical legal advice in order to support SD Worx management and operations and ensure their compliance with legal requirements.
- Providing proactive legal knowledge and assistance to all aspects of the SD Worx (international) business and operations.
- Preparing, reviewing, and negotiating a wide range of contractual documentation for the business (e.g. customer agreement, supplier agreement, partnerships, etc.), while ensuring that all agreements strike an appropriate balance between risk and reward for SD Worx.
- Representing and ensuring the effective handling and successful resolution of disputes and negotiations.
- Providing proactive advice and guidance on data protection, compliance and regulatory matters.
- Ensuring that SD Worx policies and procedures are strictly adhered to, recommending and implementing improvements as appropriate.
- Actively contribute to the development and delivery of the SD Worx strategic, business and operational plans.
- Create legal templates and best practices.
The successful candidate must:
- Have a Belgian Master degree in Law or EU equivalent degree
- have at least four years’ post qualification legal experience in a well-reputed law firm and/or in an in-house role within an international company (but this is a guideline only and applicants with relevant experience will be considered);
- have varied training and post qualification experience in one or more of the following areas: information technology (software, SAAS, B2C);
- have excellent knowledge (verbal and written) of English and French. Good knowledge of German is considered to be an asset.
- possess first-rate analytical, communication, negotiation and contract drafting skills:
- be business oriented, practical, pragmatic and combine a risk aware working style with a no nonsense and hardworking attitude.
- be a team player, but must be able to work autonomously. · have the ability to develop strong working relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders;
- have the intellect to deal with complex issues and planning activities and the ability and willingness to take responsibility for difficult decisions;
- be stress resistant and able to work under pressure;
- be open to regular travel within Europe
You will be part of an enthusiastic, dynamic and experienced team of legal professionals. The SD Worx international business operates principally from Belgium (Brussels and Antwerp) but other locations are possible. The first months will consist of extensive training in the Brussels and Antwerp Offices.
SD Worx offers you the opportunity to be part of an exciting, growing and worldwide business and a dynamic and ambitious legal team ;
SD Worx offers you an attractive remuneration package in accordance with your education, experience and skills (including various attractive extralegal advantages)