SENIOR JAVA DEVELOPER
SENIOR JAVA DEVELOPER
AGC Glass Europe, a European leader in flat glass
Based in Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium), AGC Glass Europe produces, processes and distributes flat glass for the construction (external glazing and interior decorative glass), the automotive (original & replacement glass) and the solar sectors. It is the European branch of AGC Glass, the world's largest producer of flat glass.
Its baseline "Glass Unlimited" reflects the possibilities offered by:
- glass as a material to meet a growing variety of needs (comfort, energy control, health & safety, aesthetics, sustainability);
- innovation in products and processes, derived from continuous research in advanced glass technology;
- over 100 sites throughout Europe, from Spain to Russia;
- a worldwide marketing network;
- its 16,000 employees focused on the Customer.
The Role / Job :
AGC Glass Europe is looking for you, a Senior Java Developer who enjoys development and is also attracted by supporting and leading a team.
You will be part of the Development Center, a talented software team that works on critical applications and provides expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing.
Your duties can be summarized as follows:
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for critical systems and deliver high-availability and performance
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle, starting by analyzing / prioritizing requirements and translate business needs into technical requirements
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code
- Control the usage of development rules (architectural conventions, naming conventions…)
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Define Database Models
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Perform tests and help users to perform User Acceptance Testing
Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
Your technical skills:
- Proven hands-on Java development experience under the Java EE architecture
- Proven hands-on experience on the following Technologies:
- Java #J2EE (JSF/EJB/JPA/WebServices)
- Application Server: #Glassfish & #Tomcat
- Database: Oracle 11g
- Integration Tools: #Bitbucket, #Maven, #Sonar, #Selenium, #Bamboo, #Jira, #Confluence
- Highly Experienced on all the stages of the software development life cycle
- Excellent Organizing, Communication and Project Managements
- Knowledgeable about DevOps & Scrum Methodologies
Are you ready to sign "Glass Unlimited" ?
What will make a difference:
- You are fluent in English and either French or Dutch
- You are flexible, efficient in teamwork, result and service oriented, and have the capacity to solve problems fast and efficiently
- You enjoy working in an industrial and multi-cultural environment
- you are looking forward for short business trips abroad (Benelux, France, Eastern Europe)
Press Button POSTULER