AGC Glass Europe, a European leader in flat glass
Based in Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium), AGC Glass Europe produces, processes and distributes flat glass for the construction (external glazing and interior decorative glass), the automotive (original & replacement glass) and the solar sectors. It is the European branch of AGC Glass, the world's largest producer of flat glass.
Its baseline "Glass Unlimited" reflects the possibilities offered by:
- glass as a material to meet a growing variety of needs (comfort, energy control, health & safety, aesthetics, sustainability);
- innovation in products and processes, derived from continuous research in advanced glass technology;
- over 100 sites throughout Europe, from Spain to Russia;
- a worldwide marketing network;
- its 16,000 employees focused on the Customer.
The Role / Job :
As a Data Scientist, you will play a key role in the end-to-end delivery of big data projects, from the requirements’ analysis to the automation of the models. This includes data source identification , data manipulation, data audit, descriptive and prospective analysis run, modelling , search for correlation and trends, and presentation of the results.
You will be expected to interact with both IT and Business data owners and specialists - internal and external - as well as business representatives/executives (marketing, manufacturing process, customer care , …).
The IT Data Scientist will :
- Work closely with Business/IT stakeholders to identify and prioritize business requirements;
- Manage data (structured and unstructured) collection, from databases identification to datamart consolidation; from internal datasets to social media sources;
- Interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports;
- Model data related to specific business objectives, interpret trends and patterns in complex data sets;
- Communicate effectively the results of analysis and discuss the subsequent potential action plan
We are looking for a strong candidate with the following skills and qualifications:
- A Master in Management/Economics, Engineering, Mathematic , Information technology;
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in a similar position (e.g. Data Analyst, Data Scientist, Business Analyst) and/or a strong eagerness to setup and develop this function with AGC;
- Knowledge and experience with ETL and statistical packages (SAS, SPSS, R, Python, Spark)
- Technical expertise in big data processing : preparation (sourcing , cleansing ), data modeling , data mining and segmentation
- Professional proficiency in English+ French or Dutch
- Eligibility to work in Belgium or at least to travel a third of his/her time to Louvain-la-Neuve
The ideal candidate should also have the following attributes:
- Desire to be among the first employees of a growing structure, to help us shape our organisation in the future in big data and data engineering
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse and interpret large amounts of data to underline the relevant information regarding a specific business objective
- Problem-solving mindset
- Innate care about work quality
- Ability to interact at all levels, from the front-line staff to the executive team, with data experts (internal and external) and non-experts alike
- Learning agility
Press button POSTULER