Act as a guide for and provide organizational and substantive support to the firm's international Privacy and Data Security Practice Group.
Our client is a global american law firm recognized throughout the world as a leader in providing innovative legal advice on matters that are redefining practices and industries. Clients include mainly leading technology and life science companies.
The Brussels office is small (around 15 lawyers), very international, and focused on Competition law and Privacy law.
The Privacy law department is looking for a Privacy Analyst.
- Follow emerging legislation and legislative changes in the fields of privacy and data security within the EEA Member States and beyond, including guidelines and policy documents issued by national, European and international data protection authorities and share this specialist knowledge with attorneys across the practice group.
- Organize and maintain an overview of the practice group's template database and identify to the lawyers when the database may need to be updated (pursuant to legislative developments or otherwise).
- Compile and summarize legislation and legislative changes in the fields of privacy and data security to share internally and also with the firm's clients.
- Support practice group with drafting (external) newsletters and legal alerts.
- Assist with preparing marketing presentations and pitch documents and with cite checking articles for publication.
- Assist with coordination of multi-jurisdictional projects and communicate with local counsels to ensure timely, accurate, and up-to-date responses to and review of information.
- Assist with research on various privacy and data protection matters as requested by the attorneys across the practice group.
- Consistently promote and model the Firm's Client Service Principles in leadership, teamwork, work product, and personal interaction.
- Ensure compliance with the Firm's Information Handling Policy, including safeguarding confidential and personal information, and reporting any suspected breach appropriately and immediately.
- Adhere to the Firm's General Safety Practices and any unique safety practices for department and building.
- Master's degree and strong academic record.
- Strong technical skills, interest in the latest development in the IT and privacy field.
- Ability to take an assignment from inception to completion with minimal supervision or by following broad guidelines.
- Ability to analyze needs and to determine priorities based on strategic and business objectives; attention to detail.
- High client service ethic and a proven record in delivering exemplary client satisfaction to external and internal client constituencies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to present complex ideas succinctly and clearly.
- Strong technical aptitude and understanding, including ability to quickly learn new applications.
- Ability to assess information, anticipate issues and outcomes, and make effective decisions.
- A highly proactive, solution-oriented approach to work and interactions.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to create organizational solutions where a precedent may not exist.
- Strong team player skills and ability to work collaboratively with diverse individuals at all levels of an organization.
- A good sense of humor is a must!
- International environment
- Possibility to have many responsabilities
- Competitive salary package