Industrial Engineer (h/f)
The TNT Euro Hub located at Liege Airport is one of the main TNT sorting centers in Europe and since the recent acquisition of TNT by FedEx, also part of the FedEx worldwide network. Liege is a significant operation for the FedEx group complementing the FedEx hubs at Paris Charles-de-Gaulle and Cologne. All three are integral parts of FedEx Express’ growing network across the region. Liege is a great location with a great workforce and a valuable addition to the FedEx network.
Performs diverse assigned engineering responsibilities across multiple operational locations. Identifies the need for, & undertakes engineering initiatives in order to support local operational goals. Provides technical expertise & ongoing support to cross-functional project teams as required.
- Supports the Project Engineer with assigned parts of the business planning process and participates in the development and building of the business-planning model. And/or undertakes the business planning for a specific location or operation.
- UChecks the validity of district level model output for practical achievement.
- tilizes modeling tools to translate volumes & assumptions into accurate and realistic resource & productivity plans.
- Determines operation’s targets and works with established methods & best practices to model established operations.
- Develops and builds manning models incorporating the above which calculate resource requirements for the operation.
- Communicates the results to management, explaining the process & gaining acceptance of the output.
- Reviews and updates existing models as needed.
- Participates in the development of strategic plans by acting as the key party/local subject matter expert for a specific location / area.
- Develops the local plans by interpreting the strategic plans and translating them into workable solutions, maintaining continuous communications with the Project Engineer to ensure best fit with the strategic goals.
- Communicates new plans to local management ensuring understanding and then support implementation and incorporate into local S.O.P
- Uses all available sources to keep abreast of new / changing technologies & methodologies in the market place related to own area of responsibility and remains current with potential changes in the business that could potentially impact Planning & Engineering. Actively shares learning with relevant peers.
- Implements MIS (Maintenance Information System) at a local level whilst securing the co-operation of management. Reviews and adapts MIS to local needs and communicates any changes back to the Project / Senior Engineer. Assists management with the interpretation of results
- Conducts independent audits focusing on defined areas and/or participates in audit project teams focusing on specific operational areas or locations. Ensures accurate gap analysis & meaningful recommendations that improve the defined area of the operation. Oversees the implementation of the recommendations including the provision of advice to local senior management and support to local engineers.
- Acts as a subject matter expert to senior management in operations and P & E, on specific projects / problems & operations scenarios. Provides practicable advice & supporting facts to persuade the audience to do what is best overall for the business. Facilitates the corrective action needed through use of networks and knowledge of key systems & processes.
- Leads and undertakes specific specialised studies or parts of studies e.g. implement new technology, facility design, functional specifications, feasibility studies, decision support studies, CLEAR support documents. These will typically be business critical or for a complex area of the district’s operation
- Degree or professional qualification in industrial engineering or quantitative discipline
- Experience of developing solutions to operational business challenges
- Experience of developing & implementing measurement systems, operational processes & procedures
- Experience of participating in project teams with a good understanding of project management principles & tools
- Good understanding of the structure & inter-dependencies of a complex and large organization
- Experience of utilizing relevant software tools e.g. excel / word to translate business needs into computerized simulations
- Able to translate technical information & model outputs into user-friendly lay language & format
- Able to perform audits of processes & procedures
- Basic understanding of operational related IT systems and their capabilities
- Good understanding of the business environment and how strategy is translated into business focused solutions
- Experience of defining & developing the engineering elements of a business plan for a specific location
- Able to work effectively with different cultures & nationalities
- Good written & verbal communications
- Experience of presenting scenarios to management
- Basic influencing & persuasion skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Experience of utilizing analytical concepts & tools
- Good financially awareness
- Excellent standard of numeracy
- Good judgment & reasoning ability
- Creative thinker with the ability to recognize improvement opportunities
- Good command of local language and English
- Engineer position in LGG HUB from Associate (ISG15) to Senior level (ISG17) according to qualifications, background and assessments
- Full time – Permanent contract – Flexible working hours
- A challenging position in an international and dynamic working environment with international development /career opportunities.
- Autonomous position with responsibilities