Chief Executive Officer
CHEMCOM PLC is a biotechnology company based in Brussels, on the medical campus of the Université Libre de Bruxelles, and currently employs 15 people. CHEMCOM PLC is active in the research and development of products and services related to chemosensory applications of olfaction and taste.
The company has developed an artificial human nose, cloning and expressing all olfactory receptors (GPCR), allowing not only an understanding of odour recognition and distinguishing, but also providing access to new applications in the field of aromatics, fragrances and pharmaceuticals.
For more information, please visit www.chemcom.be
As part of the development of the company's activities, we are actively looking for a (m/f):
Chief Executive Officer Responsibilities:
Your main mission is to lead the company from an active R&D company to the phase of marketing and sales of products and services.
As CEO, your main responsibilities are as follows:
- Determine the company's strategy and objectives on a commercial, financial, managerial and technical level, in consultation with the Board of Directors and the shareholders.
- Lead and carry out all operations, and determine short-, medium- and long-term strategic orientations.
- Establish the annual business plan and ensure its implementation (P&L) through effective operational management and active business development.
- Actively develop sales of products and services.
- Identify relevant collaborations and partnerships, licensing agreements and business opportunities.
- Research and develop business opportunities in international markets.
- Actively participate in the Board of Directors and chair the Executive Committee.
- Promote and maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders.
- You have a Master's degree or PhD with a scientific, economic or commercial orientation. A MBA is an asset.
- You have at least 10 years' experience in management positions in business development. Experience in the aromatics and fragrance industry is a strong asset.
- You have managerial capacities, are resistant to stress and have good analytical skills.
- You have proven experience in business development/M&A.
- You have a large professional network within the scientific community, the aromatics and fragrance industry, as well as in the investment and finance community.
- You are able to make your mark through your interpersonal skills, your ability to negotiate and your keen sense of diplomacy.
- You demonstrate leadership and a proven entrepreneurial spirit.
- You demonstrate an excellent work ethic and a sense of interpersonal relationships.
- You are fluent in English. Fluency in French is an asset.
What we offer:
- A challenging position at the head of an ambitious company with large potential.
- The opportunity to promote and develop an innovative company on an international scale.
- Various contacts with the business, scientific and investment communities.
- Work in a human-sized, dynamic, respectful and professional environment.
- The support and assistance of the Board of Directors.
- An attractive salary with extra-legal benefits, in line with your experience.
Are you interested?
Send your CV and a short cover letter via http://www.pahrtners.be/fr/job/chief-executive-officer/or to: email@example.com
Your application will be treated in strict confidentiality.