We are looking for a committed information systems expert to manage, maintain and develop our IT infrastructure.
Under the general supervision of the Finance, Personnel and Administration Director, the IT Officer will have responsibility for all IT and AV systems. The EEB’s IT and AV system components include: a local area network, servers and back-up systems, a security network with firewall and related anti-virus software, video conferencing systems, alarm systems, Windows-based workstations with Office, an in-house database and internet/web applications. As some infrastructure systems are outsourced, effective management of the contracts with the various service providers is essential. In addition to IT and AV responsibilities, management of the EEB’s facilities is required, including meeting rooms, building security systems, telephone systems, printers and air-conditioning.
The work consists of:
- Managing and maintaining an overview of the EEB’s IT infrastructure including monitoring documents and inventories.
- Managing the EEB’s IT-budget, developing IT-investment strategies for hardware and software and ensuring cost-efficient, periodic upgrading of equipment and facilities.
- Liaising with the EEB’s IT partner and other subcontractors including contract management.
- Managing all matters related to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance.
- Providing technical system support to end users and responding to IT incidents and requests.
- Supporting and troubleshooting desktop client and server hardware and software issues.
- Managing the office facilities linked to IT including internet/wifi, AV systems, telephones, printers, security systems and air-conditioning systems.
- Ensuring that IT systems are effectively protected while maintaining system availability.
- Administering user network and e-mail accounts and lists/groups, evaluating end-user and systems-related problems, and providing solutions through effective incident and problem management.
- Maintaining and developing the EEB’s database, which is used to support membership and events management.
- Maintaining and developing the EEB’s Cloud services.
- Working closely with the EEB’s Communications Manager to streamline the hosting and management of the EEB’s digital channels including the various websites, mass mailing tools, the news channel, social media and online newsletters.
- Training EEB staff on the use of the EEB Database and other in-house technologies and tools, including preparing training guidelines and documentation.
Qualities and experience:
- A degree in computer science, information systems, or related subjects, or equivalent professional training.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience, ideally in an international organisation or environment or in an academic/training organisation.
- Detailed knowledge of MS Windows server operating systems, MS Exchange and Office 365.
- Advanced technical knowledge and troubleshooting skills of Windows 10 and MS Office suite.
- Detailed knowledge of website hosting and domain matters.
- Hands-on experience in deployment of software packages.
- Proven experience with database concepts and network management (for example Filemaker).
- Experience with migration to and management of Cloud services (Dropbox, Sharepoint etc.).
- Knowledge and experience of desktop security solutions, practices and principles.
- Knowledge and experience of managing General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) records and processor contracts is an advantage.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a proven record of working closely with people, and be sensitive towards people from different cultures.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and result orientation. Strong organisation and time management skills.
- Fluent English and a good working knowledge of French are essential. Working knowledge of other European languages is an advantage.
- Interest / Experience in working in an environmental organisation or other public interest NGO and in an international working environment.
The EEB offers:
- A competitive salary coupled with various benefits: holiday bonus, 13th month, pension scheme, luncheon vouchers
Location: The candidate must commit to working from our office in Brussels.
Deadline for Application: 6 January 2019
Interviews first round: Second half of January/beginning of February 2019
Proposed starting date: As soon as possible
The EEB is an equal-opportunities employer.
Due to limited staff resources and numbers of CVs anticipated, only candidates selected for interviews will receive a reply.
Please read our recruitment privacy statement before applying:
Applications consisting of a letter of motivation, CV and completed questionnaire (below) should be sent to email@example.com. Please clearly mark: “IT Officer” in the subject of your email.
Questionnaire for IT Officer post
Please answer the following questions:
- Name an IT security-aspect that organisations tend to overlook and how you would advise organisations to approach it?
- Tell us about a recent project you have worked on that you are proud of, and what your contribution was.
(max. 40 lines of text in total for both questions)
European Environmental Bureau AISBL
Rue des Deux Elises 14-16, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
Tel: +32 (0)2 289 10 90; Fax: +32 (0)2 289 10 99
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org – Website: http://www.eeb.org
Plus de recherches comme celle-ci
- Offres | IT / Internet | Non-profit | 2 à 5 ans d'expérience
- Offres | Helpdesk / support ICT | Non-profit | 2 à 5 ans d'expérience
- Offres | Informaticien | Non-profit | 2 à 5 ans d'expérience
- Offres | IT Management | Non-profit | 2 à 5 ans d'expérience
- Offres | Formation en IT | Non-profit | 2 à 5 ans d'expérience