Key Responsibilities of the Job
We are looking for a senior manager who will be dedicated and responsible for delivery of the Application Development and Application Maintenance services in one of the portfolios for one of Cognizant customer in the Banking and Insurance industry.
The person ensures on-time and quality delivery within budget of all contracted work through effectively liaising with our onsite and offshore managers ensuring the account overall bottom-line is being met. He/She will develop the teams and improve their performance with a continuous improvement mind-set.
This is an excellent position for an experienced senior delivery manager from the banking/finance/insurance industry who want to manage multiple engagements in a global delivery organisation.
Below are primary responsibilities of profile
- Lead and manage the Application Development and Application Maintenance projects with multiple onsite, offshore, nearshore resources.
- Manage the planning process for execution of the engineered solution.
- Ensure team carries out all work functions as per agreed work methods
- Manage all project functions related to project management, stakeholder management, project control, procurement, construction management to meet the project(s) goals
- Maintain positive working relationships with customer
- Risk Management - Identify risks and ensure operational impacts are minimized
- Manage QA/QC programs are effectively established
- Manage project progress against budget and forecasted schedule
- Lead and manage and oversee project budget, project schedules and project control budgets
- Responsible for producing all project management reports and providing on-going status of the project
- Maintain effective and on-going communications with team and customer.
- Manage and monitor project QA/QC and documentation
- Manage other project management duties as assigned.
- Enhances organization’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different
- requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
The Ideal candidate should be a fluent communicator with at least 10+ years of experience in delivery management and project management. Knowledge of English (oral and written) is mandatory, Flemish/Dutch preferred.
Demonstrable ability to structure, implement and improve IT delivery and services processes is essential. Solid knowledge of delivery of applications (multi-technology) and ability to oversee and manage multiple projects simultaneously is required.
The role requires excellent communication and social skills, used to build up strong client relationships; able to understand the client, their business objectives and challenges.
The candidate will have blended experience of working at onsite and offshore locations so that she/he understands the challenges of working with distributes locations.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the Banking and Insurance products
- Experience of Belgian financial institutions and/or insurance.
- Experience in working with the multi-cultural teams in multiple geographies with good collaboration skills
- Profound knowledge of project management techniques with suitable certifications.
- Good knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Living in Belgium, willing to travel within Benelux and occasionally beyond.
- Excellent communications skills and assertiveness with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience with Big Data solutions.
- Strong knowledge of Agile methodologies, DevOps and SAFE. On the job experience with with DevOps and SAFE will be an advantageous.
Qualifications and Certifications
• Bachelor or Master in IT/Engineering/Business
Postulez à l’offre: Delivery Manager
Vous avez déjà téléchargé un CV? Connectez-vous pour postuler instantanément