Information System Architect
You will be joining the Enterprise Architecture department, which is a multi-disciplinary group of experienced architects in charge of: defining the enterprise architecture directions & standards aligned to the company strategies & goals, creating business cases to develop or transform the IT capabilities supporting the business units’ strategies, maintaining a multi-year IT plan & technology roadmap, and providing steer for the decisions on IT investments.
As an Information System Architect, you take a contributing role in identifying the strategies required to support the long-term objectives of a major IT function and/or a leading role in designing end-to-end architecture solutions for major IT projects:
- Your function requires extensive knowledge of business operations, information landscape, application platforms & technical infrastructure supporting Financial Market Infrastructures, unusually high analysis capability, a thorough understanding of the software development processes, and the interpersonal skills to create buy-in around the identified strategies or proposed architecture solutions.
- You are able to develop business cases for evolving our IT capabilities and to perform impact analysis, thereby engaging a wide range of stakeholders across business and IT at senior level.
- You cope with systems of various levels of complexity, which can typically span across functional/location lines.
- You work under broad management direction.
- You contribute to the definition of “architecture blueprints” to clarify & refine the capabilities, the building blocks & the roadmap supporting major IT transformation initiatives. In this context:
- You ensure a proper translation of business needs into a set of structured business process, knowledge, technology, and organization specifications that satisfy the clients’ strategic and operational objectives.
- You are responsible for understanding and assessing the clients’ needs, identifying issues & opportunities (incl. new & innovative technologies) and recommending appropriate solutions.
- You understand the long-term business needs and identifies the relevant technical, data and application architectures required to meet these needs.
- You contribute to the continuous improvement of the Enterprise Architecture processes.
- You have worked for more than 10 years in the IT industry and more than 5 year in the wholesale financial IT sector.
- You have worked as lead architect on large-scale transformation projects (> €10 mio) developing and deploying core transactional applications in the financial IT sector.
- You have worked for several years as enterprise architect in big companies and have a practical experience in running architecture governance.
- You can tackle autonomously all types of architectural analysis and can provide global & pragmatic recommendations adapted to the company context.
- You have a strong desire to make a difference: you are convinced that small focused cross-functional teams can significantly improve the business alignment and the value of proposed solutions in terms of TCO, risk, time-to-market and future agility.
- You are conceptual and creative: you are able to recognize common patterns or generic aspects in elements that seem unrelated at first sight, and to transpose existing solutions in a creative fashion to new situations.
- You are a strong problem-solver: you demonstrate strong analytical skills (e.g. breaking up & structuring complex problems into manageable pieces), you can apply them to problems spanning across multiple architectural domains, you strive for a pragmatic approach (80/20 rule) and you focus on tangible and actionable results.
- You identify the need for change and propose solutions that are innovative and have a significant strategic impact.
- You are able to work with people from different areas (Business and IT) through strong inter-personal skills (active listening, empathy, influencing) and to steer working groups.
- You are able to effectively communicate and advocate for the architecture recommendations vis-à-vis project delivery teams and senior business and IT management of the company.
- A strong command of English is required.
- Knowledge of post-trade market infrastructures, as well as knowledge in Enterprise Architecture frameworks (e.g. TOGAF), are extra assets.
- A challenging position in a fast growing company with an international presence.
- A stimulating working environment with a really good team spirit maintained by lots of internal events (teambuilding, ...).
- A dynamic culture focused on personal development.
- A wide range of training and career development opportunities.