Legal Counsel in IP & Commercial Law - Mons area
Robert Half Legal is looking for a Legal Counsel in IP & Commercial Law for an international company active in the industry sector in Mons area.
The company is international and active in the industry sector in the Mons area.
As Legal Counsel in IP & Commercial Law you will be responsible to ensure the provision of consistently high-quality, business appropriate legal solutions in the exploitation and protection of the Group's intellectual property portfolio, and in the commercial contracts of the Group business in EMEA and AsiaPac, and you will be responsible the following tasks:
- Full review and approval of legal documentation with third parties to exploit, generate and protect the IP rights of the Group;
- Support to the business in negotiations and full review and approval of all relevant commercial contracts entered into by entities in the Region as they pertain to the execution of the commercial ends of the legal entities;
- Support on the day to day legal issues arising in the Group Belgian operations;
- Compliance with legal management policies and reporting of activities, management of external counsel and other advisers, liaison with senior management, and supervision and direction of direct reports;
- Give support to the business units in EMEA and AsiaPac regarding commercial disputes and dispute resolution procedures, particularly as they pertain to intellectual property;
- Act as the first point of reference for employment, real estate, environmental and other corporate issues in respect of the Belgian business;
- Assist the General Counsel EMEA & Asia Pac in the discharge of his duties in special projects, as identified, and recommend, manage and coordinate the appointment of external lawyers where necessary within the scope of his/her remit, agree their remuneration, monitor work output and communicate it clearly to the business
- Ensure the implementation and operation of corporate and legal function policies and procedures, for the review, approval, execution and storage of relevant legal records
The requested qualifications for this Legal Counsel in IP & Commercial Law position include:
- Master in Law;
- At least 5 years' experience in a top tier law firm or as a legal counsel in a multinational organization;
- Highly fluent level of English, and very good level of French. Other languages are considered as a plus;
- Clear attention to details and personal drive to produce consistently accurate work;
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- Ability to develop productive working relationships at all levels of the business;
- Understanding the commercial challenges of the business and developing solutions that add value;
- Ability to deal flexibly with the unexpected and ambiguous situations, finding clear and straightforward solutions, and ability to manage conflicting time demands and work under pressure;
- Determined, team player, supporting other team members, and providing constructive feedback on performance;
- Managing issue identification and problem resolution processes.
Interested in this position of Legal Counsel in IP & Commercial Law? Apply today!
By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: