Business Controller (Senior)
Against the background of our international expansion and our ambition for Finance to lend more active support to our business units in accomplishing their growth ambitions, we are looking to recruit a consummate Business Controller.
As Business Controller, you will act as the soundboard and the right-hand (wo)man of the CEO and the Business Unit Managers. You are a lynchpin between Finance and the business units, and will continue to build and expand the role of Finance as a strategic business partner.
- You assist the business units in translating the business strategy into operational and financial objectives and provide the relevant market information as part of this process;
- You provide support in arriving at strategic decisions by fathoming and translating internal and external developments and their financial implications for SD Worx;
- You translate market trends and developments into new business opportunities and provide analyses on the profitability of new and existing products and projects;
- You provide support to secure SD Worx’s continued sales growth, and assist the business units in particular, in the areas of pricing, seeking out new opportunities for growth and identifying improvements for price setting;
- In your role, you provide financial support for major RFP tracks;
- You identify potential cost-efficiency improvements and follow up on the accomplishment thereof;
- You benchmark the financial result with fellow industry players and seek out opportunities for improvements;
- CAPEX optimisation: you supply the business units with the relevant financial information and support them and the CEO with the preparation and presentation of investments and the investment strategy. You assess and report on the ROI of investments;
- Lastly, you provide support for financial controlling by preparing and reporting on quarterly forecasts. In addition, you organise and manage the annual budgeting process.
- You have exceptional communication skills in English (French and or Dutch are a plus);
- You are a strategic thinker, interested to understand the business model and find ways to create value;
- You are energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence;
- Integrity and openness combined with a commitment to good governance are very important to you;
- You have strong organizational and operational skills, are able to plan effectively, anticipate issues and are good in solving problems.
What we have to offer
We guarantee an innovative organisation, where your personal development goes hand in hand with delivering cast- iron results for SD Worx – at national as well as international level. Needless to add we offer a commensurate salary and matching fringe benefits. In addition, you can put together your own benefits package with the Flex Income Plan, which seamlessly fits in with your personal needs.
Place of work: Brussels / Antwerp