NIGHT OPERATIONS SENIOR MANAGER
Purpose of the job:
The primary role of the position is to operate the network on schedule with a minimal risk to the business. To achieve this, the Network Control Air Night ops Manager formulates and executes the daily night operational decisions necessary to mitigate the impact on the customer of irregular network operations, improves the speed and quality of recovery decisions in order to enable the company to achieve and maintain its objective of providing the most reliable service and efficient operations.
Network Operational Control and Performance
- Make and execute operational decisions after consultation with all involved parties.
- Communicate with TNT Euro hub Management daily on the EAN/GAN activities, to ensure network coverage and to address any issues to concerned parties to maintain the service.
- Optimal management and effective control of the operation in accordance with Airlines Service Level Agreements (crew / maintenance requirements and operational limitations).
- Ensure operational decisions are made with minimum disruption to the schedule and impact on the OPP.
- Focus on the continuous improvement of on-time performance.
- Be the first point of management in ERP (Emergency Response Planning) and action the plan.
- Ensure all airline operational parties are aware of ad hoc issues and restrictions which were not published as part of the flight schedules.
- Ensure that divisional, field and network management are constantly aware of Air Network Management by exception.
- Ensure that escalation procedures and contingency planning is in place and affected as necessary, in order to demonstrate absolute control of Air Network Operations and performance.
- Ensure as final decision maker in the day to day air network execution that prior to a flight release, all legal, regulatory and operational requirements are fulfilled.
- Be responsible for proactive assessment of available resources during disruption and implementation of cost effective (e.g. avoid empty positioning flights), legal recovery plans in accordance with regulatory and company policies.
- During the shift, lead, motivate and empower employees through effective & open communication, excellent leadership in order to demonstrate absolute control of the operation, maximize customer satisfaction, employee satisfaction and team productivity.
- To effectively monitor employee schedules and Network Control Air Centre operations resources in order to meet and exceed internal and external service levels at all times, and to provide excellent service to customers.
- Displays a positive, open and cooperative behavior in order to facilitate a good relationship inside and outside the department, avoid and help to solve conflicts.
Essential Educational and / or Training Qualifications & Certificates
- Bachelor degree in Logistic, supply chain, operations research, business management or a related study or equivalent by experience.
- International express or logistics or aviation industry background.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in operations in express/aviation industry is required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an Air Network Operational Center (e.g.: ability to read a flight plan, etc.) is a real asset.
- 3 years’ experience in managing a team is a real asset.
- Extensive understanding of the TNT service chain.
- Organizational awareness (structure and products and services).
Necessary Technical / Functional Skills
- Ability to make fast, accurate decisions utilizing incomplete information.
- Cross cultural sensitivity and organizational awareness.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments while keeping the helicopter view to monitor the flight & freight operations.
- Being computer literate, with extensive knowledge of Windows applications.
- Fluent use of written and spoken English is required.
Required Behavioral Competencies
- Strong personality and extreme customer focus.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate manage and support a large team.
- Transparent, straightforward and loyal.
- Ability to implement operational and cultural change where necessary.
- Good communication skills on all level both internally and externally, verbal & written.
Type of contract:
- ISG 19 – Permanent Contract – Full time.
- High demand for personal flexibility and operational stress management.
- For Day (or) Night Operations.
- Including bank holidays and weekend (H24 / 7 days a week).
How to apply:
Please send to email@example.com your CV and your application letter mentioning the
Reference Code of the job you apply for. Please note that only complete applications will be
taken into consideration.
Plus de recherches comme celle-ci
- Offres | Logistique / Transport | Trafic aérien | Non communiqué
- Offres | Logistique et administration des transports | Trafic aérien | Non communiqué
- Offres | Project Manager | Trafic aérien | Non communiqué
- Offres | Supply Chain Manager | Trafic aérien | Non communiqué
- Offres | Transport aérien | Trafic aérien | Non communiqué