(Senior) HR Generalist
As (Senior) HR Generalist, you are the right hand of the HR Manager and an expert in Hard HR topics. You have the ambition and the potential to become HR Manager in 2 to 5 years depending on your experience.
Our client is the world's leader of production and distribution of chemical component with a regional marketing & sales office in Waterloo composed of around 30 people and with direct reporting line to the headquarters.
As the first point-of-contact for employees and leaders, the areas of expertise of the (Senior) HR Generalist will be :
- Payroll: manage the European payroll activities (mostly Belgium and with smaller activities in UK and Dubai) on a monthly basis including expats/inpats coordination
- Comp&Ben: manage the administration of all fixed and variable pay elements/benefits (daily operations and projects); ensure annual talent, salary planning and bonus processes review
- Administrative: maintains the personnel files and employee data in the HR system (Workday); prepare all HR document (offer letters, contracts, …)
- Legal: interprets and advise on employment law in accordance with current legislation, practices and trends
In addition, you will participate to HR Projects: performance review cycle; recruitment; training; processes optimization; partnership with universities; legislation changes… with the support of the HR Manager or in total autonomy depending on the topic.
The successful (Senior) HR Generalist must have the following competencies :
- A strong experience in Comp&Ben is required: tax optimization, salary review, benefits management, flex income plan, ...
- Very good knowledge of Belgian social legislation and payroll administration
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English and French (Dutch is a plus but not mandatory)
- An interest in soft HR and ideally an experience in recruitment
In terms of soft skills:
- Independent; able to manage multiple tasks and prioritise work effectively
- A team-player; able to work in an open environment, at ease with a strong company culture and willing to take part of corporate events (friday drink, CSR, family days, ...)
- A strong personality to be a role model for the values and behaviors of the company
- Excellent attention to detail; analytic mind and strong with figures
Our client offers
- A complete salary package (no company car) in line with the years of experience
- A great working environment: multicultural, international and located in a green area
- Strong corporate values that are transmitted by all the employees and to all the employees
- In addition, the Senior HR Generalist will receive a continuous training and coaching in order to be able to replace the HR Manager within 2/3 years