Senior Programmer / Analyst IBM iSeries
Desmosia, specialized by business line in Talent Research and Development, supports large groups, SMEs and start-ups in recruiting employees whose passion, curiosity and skills offer real added value.
As Talent Revealers, we understand each candidate through their skills, personality and history, to offer meaningful career opportunities and allow their potential to grow.
To support the current growth of our client located in the region of Liege, a global leader in the logistic sector, we are actively looking for a “Senior Programmer / Analyst” to reinforce the IT team.
Reporting to the IT Administrator, you create / program Labels to customer requirements and develop / improve / test WMS functionalities together with warehouse.
In doing so, you :
- improve productivity and efficiency of the organization
- translate client requirements into technical specifications
- analyze and perform research on any reported problem
- develop and maintain various applications on the IBMi platform
- supervise the implementation of new systems and report outcome to management
- perform installation of new programs and updates
- develop project feasibility reports
- create, update and maintain user documentation
- shared responsibilities for user support of various systems used in the day to day operations of the warehouse (WMS, KSD, EDI systems)
- Bachelor degree in IT, Programmer
- 5+ years of experience in IBM iSeries, Reporting Tools and Machine Handling Equipment (MHE)
- Experience in logistics or warehouse management
- Strong understanding of Integrated Language Environment (ILE) and expertise in creating DB2 files using appropriate SQL and DDS queries and views together with languages known : RPG ILE, RPG IV, SQL, CLP, PHP, HTML and relational database development
- Expertise in understanding client requirements of business applications and ensuring delivery of software product within given time constraints
- English and French are required (international context) – Excellent verbal as well as written communications skills
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Creative, team worker, autonomous and independent as you will work mostly alone on projects
Apart from an attractive salary package and a permanent contract, you will get the opportunity to join a company in full expansion located in the region of Liège. Our client offers you a diversified position in an enjoyable atmosphere but also a dynamic, challenging and on the cutting edge of technology professional framework.
- Please send your CV via POSTULER button
- To have more info, don't hesitate to contact Marlène Bertrand : 0472/58.13.95