We are looking for two PhD candidates to join our multidisciplinary research centre MOBI. The candidates will carry out research at the research centre MOBI and contribute to the interdisciplinary domains of transport, sustainability and socio-economic assessment. The research and approach will be entirely embedded within the research projects of MOBI in line with the skills and knowledge background of the candidate. The goal is to complete a PhD based on the different research projects where the researcher has been involved.
You will be working on specific projects based on your research domain.
As a PhD candidate, you will:
- Write research reports and valorize research results in popular and academic publications
- Present research results at workshops and conferences
- Contribute to public dissemination activities
- Organize workshops and conferences in line with the requirements of the research projects
The candidate should have:
- A Master’s Degree in Transportation, Transport Planning, Urban Planning, Urban Studies, Economics, Geography, Management, Commercial Engineer, Political Sciences, Sustainable Development, Sociology or a related discipline
- Capability to work together with other researchers within the MOBI research centre and beyond, as well as the ability to work alone.
- Strong oral and written communication in English and French are essential, good knowledge of Dutch is an advantage.
- The ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of partners
- Good time management and planning skills, with the ability to meet tight deadlines and work effectively under pressure.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Additional software (ie. SPSS, GIS MATLAB, etc.) and solid statistics skills are also a plus