Data Center Services Manager
We are looking for: Data Center Services Manager - Engineer – Project management – People Management –– English – Mons.
Founded in 2010 and developed over three phases outside of Mons (Saint-Ghislain), Google's Data Center holds an a large number of equipment storing vast amounts of data from Belgian, European and international users Many types of equipment (primarily servers) consolidate an enormous quantity of computer data and make them accessible via an Internet connection. Data on these servers include websites, data stored by users on the Cloud (Google Drive, Youtube, Picasa, etc.) and various data collected from search engines. Today the Data Center counts several hundred employees.
The data center team designs, operates and maintains some of the most sophisticated electrical engineering, mechanical engineering and air conditioning systems in the world.
Our client is looking for a:
Data Center Services Manager
As a Data Center Services Manager, you will be deeply involved in nearly every aspect of the development and operation of our data centers in Mons. You will partner with the local/regional facility managers, plant engineers and the design and construction teams to develop creative and scalable solutions.
You will provide leadership and management for the team delivering large-scale data centers, computer farms, networking, AC and DC power distribution/conversion, and cooling methods at multiple scales. This role manages complex schedules, budgets, and broad inter-dependencies.
Along with a team of great minds, you tackle complex topics like how they use power or how to run state-of-the-art, environmentally-friendly facilities. You're a visionary who optimizes for efficiencies and never stops seeking improvements. You generate ideas, communicate recommendations to senior-level executives and drive implementation alongside facilities technicians.
- You will develop detailed designs, construction, successful commissioning, close out and hand-off to operations with lowest Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), meeting safety/cost/schedule/quality targets and all customer demands.
- You will establish and maintain delivery models and global relationships with multiple vendors, measuring Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and metrics.
- You will create growth plans and be directly involved in hiring/recruiting of talent in the areas of project management, field engineering, document control, technical writing, EHS (Environment, Health and Safety) and sustainability, and project controls.
- -You will research and implement new construction means and methods of data center equipment and facilities. You will carry design concepts into mass production and integrate into facilities.
- You will manage a large, site-wide data center construction and delivery organization that has single point of accountability oversight related to major, new construction projects and/or large capital improvement projects in existing facilities, utilizing internal and outsourced resources.
- MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Construction Management or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Relevant work experience with data center equipment/environments, including switchgear, generators, chillers, cooling towers, air handling units, controls, security monitoring systems, fire safety systems and working understanding of start up/commissioning processes.
- As a motivated leader, you have demonstrated experience in the delivery of complex, multi-disciplinary, and geographically dispersed data centers - including design, development, construction and commissioning projects, and managing large group of diversified team members.
- You have extensive experience managing large-scale technical projects in a rapidly changing industry, be able to tolerate ambiguity, and demonstrate problem solving leadership with limited oversight.
- You have experience managing vendor relationships and an understanding of standard practices in the design and construction industry.
- You have a working knowledge of English
- A renowned employer that is continually growing.
- A site that is always booming (third data center under construction).
- An interesting technical position and a continuous learning opportunity.
- A very people-oriented internal culture and an openness to the unique features of each and every person.
- Opportunities for advancement.
- A very competitive compensation package in line with your skills and experience.
- A permanent contract.
Réf. 587-004 (2018)
Plus de recherches comme celle-ci
- Offres | IT / Internet | Télécommunications ICT / Internet | 2 à 5 ans d'expérience
- Offres | Administration système | Télécommunications ICT / Internet | 2 à 5 ans d'expérience
- Offres | Administrateur base de données | Télécommunications ICT / Internet | 2 à 5 ans d'expérience
- Offres | Ingénieur / Ingénieur de production | Télécommunications ICT / Internet | 2 à 5 ans d'expérience
- Offres | Ingénieur civil | Télécommunications ICT / Internet | 2 à 5 ans d'expérience