Chief Financial Officier (m/f)
ASIT biotech is a Belgian clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and future commercialization of a range of breakthrough immunotherapy products for the treatment of allergies. Thanks to its innovative ASIT+TM technology platform, ASIT biotech is currently the only developer of AIT product candidates consisting of a unique mixture of highly purified natural allergen fragments in an optimal size selection. This innovation results in a short treatment, expected to improve patient compliance and real-life effectiveness. ASIT biotech’s product pipeline entails two novel ASIT+™ product candidates targeting respiratory allergy with the highest prevalence (i.e. grass pollen: gp-ASIT+TM and house dust mite: hdm-ASIT+TM), that could significantly expand the current immunotherapy market. The Company believes that its innovative ASIT+™ platform is flexible and would be applicable across a range of allergies.
ASIT biotech has a headcount of 25 staff members, located at Liège, Belgium.
The Chief Financial Officer, as an integral member of the Executive Management Team, make a significant contribution to strategic and operational decision making, and provide high quality financial advice, experience, insight, analysis and judgement. Beyond his responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company, the Chief Financial Officer work with the CEO and board to develop and secure the financing of the business. Provide support to the CEO for build relationships with and give presentations to analysts, investors and other audiences of relevance. Act as a credible and effective representative of the company.
Reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer, with close monitoring from the board.
- Supervise the day to day operations of ASIT Biotech’s finance function – FP&A, Tax & Treasury and Risk Management.
- Drive the evaluation and execution of financial and commercial transactions; working with the leadership team, Board, external advisors, banks, IR an PR firms, analysts current and prospective investors.
- Take a pro-active approach in the support of identifying, analyzing and executing business opportunities.
- Support the Board to enable the evaluation of commercial opportunities, helping to maintain a healthy and sustainable balance between the best-in-class scientific roots and foundations of the business, and the commercial opportunities ahead.
- Bring thorough understanding of public company reporting needs from a finance function perspective and align with appropriate legal and regulatory compliance.
- Ensure liaison with legal advisers and external resources for corporate legal matters.
- Ensure that the Company identifies business issues before they escalate and that the leadership team is, at all times able to interpret business performance and make financially informed business decisions.
- Ensure that the operational aspects, procedures, structures and standards of the business are fit for purpose, cost effective, appropriate to the current size of the business, but scalable as the business develops.
- Master’s degree in business engineering, Finance or Economics,
- At least five (10) years’ experience in a similar function,
- Euronext Public Listed company experience is mandatory,
- Public Company experience at CFO or FD level is a plus,
- Life Science Sector ideally drug development into commercialization stage.
- Able to build strong, supportive and where necessary challenging relationships with CEO and senior team.
- Able to represent the company to investors and potential investors.
- Able to bring appropriate, fit for purpose best practice standards and processes to an entrepreneurial, flexible business culture.
- Able to bring financial acumen, awareness of cost models for drug development.
- Able to bring awareness of financial models for commercialization, licensing terms etc.
- Able to balance operational finance with strategic thinking
- Fluency in French and English
- A challenging leading position within a stimulating and dynamic work environment.
- A variety of interesting contacts with international exposure.
- The opportunity to have direct impact on the results of a high-potential biotech company.
- An attractive compensation package in line with the position responsibilities and your experience.