Our client, an international company procuding and distributing flat glasses, is looking for an in-house Tax Counsel.
Our client is an international company producing and distributing flat glass for the building industry, the automotive industry and various other sectors (transport, solar power and high-tech applications).
The Tax Management Department is seeking to strengthen its position in order to improve the services offered, in terms of direct and indirect taxation for the Group companies in Europe.
The candidate's primary responsibilities for this position will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide research, analysis, advice and presentations with respect to direct and indirect tax mainly for the Belgian Group companies in the context of ad hoc requests or more important assignments and projects;
- Ensure tax compliance: preparation and follow-up of CIT and VAT declarations of the Belgian companies as well as the follow-up of their regional and local taxes;
- Manage and assist in transfer pricing matters;
- Support in and follow-up of tax audits;
- Maintain the Group's tax expertise by reviewing and analysing current and new tax legislation and regulations for comments and recommendations;
- Provide internal tax training to non-tax colleagues;
- In the scope of the Group's tax strategy, participate in managing and implementing tax planning/optimization.
- Master degree in law, economics or accounting
- 3-5 years of experience in taxation obtained in an auditing firm, a law firm or a multinational industrial company
- Fluent in French and English with at least a passive level of Dutch
- Strong understanding of VAT, corporate tax and transfer pricing;
- Computer Skills: MS Office tools, knowledge of SAP is a strong asset
- Proven ability to autonomously manage assignments and to take the lead in solving potential issues;
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player and successfully interact with finance, legal and business-line personnel;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex tax issues and options to decision makers at different levels of the organization;
- Excellent tax research and analytical skills;
- May deal with straightforward queries from Tax authorities;
- Business acumen, and focus on understanding operational flows;
- Recognized internally and externally as a key contact in her/his expertise;
- International company
- Very generalist in-house tax position
- Competitive salary package