Agro-Forestry Regulatory Expert
Our client is one of the world’s leading producers of industrial minerals as well as a distributor of various chemical components. Founded over 135 years ago in Switzerland, the company is present in more than 175 locations covering over 50 countries and employing 8000 people. Expert in Research & Development, our client follows the market evolution and adapts its offering and services accordingly. The company proposes multiple product solution that contribute to competitiveness and productivity of its clients in numerous sectors, such as construction, printing, technical polymers, packaging, food and consumer goods, pharmaceuticals, agriculture, water treatment and energy. The objective of the company is very clear: offer each client a solution adapted to their sector of activity.
In order to reinforce their Regulatory Affairs, Registration & Compliance team, our client is looking for a:
AGRO & FORESTRY REGULATORY EXPERT
Responsible for product compliance and managing Regulatory information
Ensuring the product compliance within the Segment Agro & Forestry in EU market with special focus to France and Germany which includes delivering and managing relevant information and documents within the company in timely and efficient manner and to maintain Regulatory Intelligence and coordinate internal actions.
You assure regulatory clearance and the compliance of our products (Segment Agro & Feed), including also:
- Labelling requirements
- Guarantee the application of the quality standards for agricultural products
- Scope of product application
- Compliance with other horizontal regulatory requirements (European & national)
You deal with Regulatory Intelligence and Trade Associations (lobbying):
- Regulatory review of Agro compliance topics, regulatory survey at national (mainly FR & GER) and EU level
- Regulatory assessment: analyse and anticipate opportunities and threats in the company's agricultural businesses in relation to regulatory, technological, normative and competitive developments
- Representation within professional bodies in FR and in Europe
- Coordination of standardization efforts with Regulatory and Sustainability teams
- Communication with the national authorities
You are responsible for internal relations and communications with business partners like Sales, QSHE, Laboratories, Marketing, IT, Operations, Sustainability:
- Support to R&D projects as necessary
- Coordination with Sales/Marketing
- Coordination with QSHE Team at country level
- Participation to IT tool development and amelioration of existing tools (labelling)
- University degree, preferable in agronomy or other natural sciences, physics, environmental science
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in product regulatory work in agro sector (fertilizer materials is a plus)
- Knowledge of industry and regulatory requirements within agro regulation, namely Chemical /Environmental safety and/or knowledge of relevant chemistry laws and standards
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail and documentation writing skills.
- Ability to understand and clearly communicate complex, constantly evolving regulations verbally and in writing to executive management or colleagues (e.g. sales).
- Languages: professional knowledge of English and French, good knowledge of German is a plus
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of MS Office applications and SAP (EHS module).
- Ability to handle external contacts and capability of multi-tasking.
- Flexibility for this interdisciplinary task
- Curiosity, creativity
- Willingness to travel (approximately 15% of the time)
- Working within a global player and innovator with an entrepreneurial culture as well as pleasant working atmosphere.
- A company that believes in values such as integrity, respect, perseverance and modesty.
- An attractive salary package.
- The job is to be based in Brussels, but Cologne and Paris are also possible options.
Send your cover letter and your CV, mentioning the reference BE776228, to Hudson, attn Zorana Gligoric, Avenue Marcel Thiry 75, 1200 Bruxelles. tél +32 (0)2 610 27 40. E-mail: Zorana.firstname.lastname@example.org, be.hudson.com.
Your application will be treated quickly and in all confidentiality.