Application & Customer Support Engineer
Based in Nivelles (BELGIUM), LAMBDA-X (www.lambda-x.com) designs, develops and markets optical systems for aerospace, industrial optical metrology and ophthalmological applications.
To a wide selection of industries, Lambda-X provides optical engineering services. Working in close cooperation with its customers, and building on its expertise in optics, mechanics, electronics and software, Lambda-X is capable of providing solutions to many complex industrial metrology issues.
In 2002, following its successful transfer of cutting-edge technology originally developed for the space industry to tangible, terrestrial applications, Lambda-X started developing a complete assortment of state-of-the-art metrology instruments for the quality control of ophthalmic lenses, including the well-known NIMO and PMTF ranges. Today, Lambda-X is the leader in developing and manufacturing metrology tools for the ophthalmic industry.
For this business line precisely, Lambda-X is currently looking for an Application & Customer support Engineer.
As the front-line of technical support, you ensure fast and efficient answers to customers’ technical questions. Additionally, as opportunities arise, you provide support to the ophthalmic metrology technical and sales teams.
- Technical Support:
- You will be the customers’ first contact point for technical support. After a strong training on our products (both hardware and software), you will be responsible for a professional follow up and documentation of customers’ technical questions and to relay more specific issues to the appropriate internal expert.
- You feed the technical knowledge base with FAQ sheets and ensure the continuous update of the internal technical applications documentation.
- Technical Applications:
- You collaborate with the R&D and engineering teams on various technical tasks (software testing, validation of new technical solutions, optimization of the workflow, redaction of technical documents and reports).
- You ensure the final check of instruments prior to its shipment to customers.
- You act as a backup for the configuration of the computers
- After-sales and sales support:
- You provide support to the sales team for the measurement of samples sent by prospects and write technical reports in order to demonstrate the capabilities of our technology.
- You occasionally go to customers’ plants to service our ophthalmic instruments (calibration, maintenance) and to provide training (Worldwide).
- Depending on your profile and affinity, you potentially give commercial demonstrations of the instruments.
- Technical or scientific background (engineering, physics…). A good knowledge of optics is a major asset.
- Software skills: Ability to deeply understand the software functions and parameters in order to efficiently answer customer’s questions. Although it would be an asset, no capability in software development is required.
- Fluent English in writing and speaking and with at least a good command of French. Knowledge of any other language is an asset.
- Good communicative and interpersonal skills.
- At least 1 or 2 years of relevant working experience in a technical &/or customer support position.
- Customer focused.
- Willing to travel worldwide (10-15%).
We offer an interesting and challenging job in a dynamic and continuously growing company. You will receive a competitive salary and a range of other employee benefits (group insurance, hospitalization insurance, meal vouchers).
Postulez à l’offre: Application & Customer Support Engineer
Vous avez déjà téléchargé un CV? Connectez-vous pour postuler instantanément
Plus de recherches comme celle-ci
- Offres | Achat / Vente | Bureau d'étude / Engineering - général | 0 à 2 ans d'expérience
- Offres | Technico-commercial | Bureau d'étude / Engineering - général | 0 à 2 ans d'expérience
- Offres | Ingénieur / Ingénieur de production | Bureau d'étude / Engineering - général | 0 à 2 ans d'expérience
- Offres | Ingénieurs - général | Bureau d'étude / Engineering - général | 0 à 2 ans d'expérience