Trading & Commercial Manager - Chemical Industry
- Trading & Sales Manager - Basic Chemicals products
- Direct report to the General Manager
- Chemical Industry
Our client is one of the main global actor in the Chemical trading industry. They are importing, exporting, as well as trading Inside European Union. They provide logistic services to facilitate the suppliers or customers trading activities. The products are from different origin, and are mainly Basic Chemicals, Performance Chemicals and Iron & steel products.
In order to sustain their growth, they are today looking for a new Trading & Commercial Manager in order to sustain their growth within the Benelux.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Sustain and add value to existing clients
- Explore new contracts and business models
- Identify and manage various risks, grasp and monitor the position (credit, commodity long-short, etc)
- Planning, negotiating with suppliers/customers and executing sales/purchase contracts for trading activities (purchase - sales - logistics - collection). The key area is likely to be Polyester Chain domain (MEG, PTA, PET etc) in principle within EMEA region.
- Focus on quality of service, business growth and customer satisfaction.
- Supervising operational business process such as documentation, technical liaison, inventory management & credit management in cooperation with business assistants.
- Find and develop new investment and/or business opportunity in various products and fields, mainly Chemicals domain to pile up good assets for the company.
- Monitoring, analysing and reporting on basic chemicals industry and market developments, trends and competitor activities.
- To develop marketing strategy
- Internal control and compliance
- Prompt, regular reporting and consultation with GM and related Departments
The successful candidate will have the following requirements:
- Master degree in Commercial or Industrial Sciences.
At least 3 years of experience within a Trading activity - chemical is not mandatory but a strong asset
- A previous experience in investment and project management within a Global group is a strong asset
- Fluent in English & Dutch - French is an asset.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Strong motivation to seek for new investment opportunity
- Ability to find/dig deeply the potential area of growth and assess the risk
- Marketing and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of trade terms
- Flexible and a team-player
- Highly proactive
The successful candidate will have:
- The chance to join a fast growing and highly reactive industry
- Develop a large range of skills within the trading industry
- An attractive & complete salary package in line with his experience