Data Center Facilities Technician
ABOUT THE JOB
The Data Center team designs and operates some of the most sophisticated electrical engineering, mechanical engineering and HVAC systems in the world. Facilities Technicians at Google data centers operate, monitor and support physical facilities conditions. Some of these duties will include heating and cooling of air and water, power supply, generators, UPS systems, electrical distribution and control and monitoring systems. You regularly help inspect, maintain and repair various data center systems such as piping and non-critical electrical or mechanical system components). You provide daily assistance to senior technicians as you read blueprints/schematics, conduct tours of systems and assess their working order.
As a master of best-in-class practices, you develop creative approaches to reducing operational costs while improving overall data center efficiency. You ensure that environmental and safety standards are consistently met, identifying problems and making repairs quickly In emergency situations or abnormal conditions, you manage data center performance issues and outages to minimize the recovery time from failures.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Manage the uptime and maintenance of water pumps, treatment systems, HVAC, UPS, generators, and electrical distribution and control and monitoring systems.
- Develop creative approaches to reduce operational costs while improving efficiencies.
- Operate, monitor and maintain data center facilities systems and equipment, and respond to abnormal conditions as required.
- Provide tracking and trending of operational characteristics.
- Associate's degree, trade school certification or other verifiable training in a relevant technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Valid driver's license.
- Authorization to work in the EU.
- Experience in
- mechanical maintenance, including HVAC, plumbing, water pumps and water treatment, and evaporator systems.
- and/or electrical maintenance of large-scale facilities (e.g., Data Centers, Pharma/Medical/Electrical installations, etc.), including maintenance of uninterruptible power supply (UPS), generators, and associated devices.
- and/or High Voltage (or Medium Voltage) maintenance and operations.
- Ability to learn quickly and to adapt to new process, procedures and equipment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively as part of a team while prioritizing work efficiently.
If you see yourself in these responsibilities and qualifications, please send us your resume by email, at firstname.lastname@example.org, with "References + your name" as title.
Plus de recherches comme celle-ci
- Offres | Technique / Production / Maintenance industrielle | Technologie | Non communiqué
- Offres | Électricien | Technologie | Non communiqué
- Offres | Chef de projet | Technologie | Non communiqué
- Offres | Technicien-mécanicien | Technologie | Non communiqué
- Offres | Électro-mécanicien | Technologie | Non communiqué