Data Center Hardware Operations Technician
ABOUT THE JOB
Google isn't just a software company. The Hardware Operations team is responsible for monitoring the state-of-the-art physical infrastructure behind Google's powerful search technology. As an Operations Technician, you'll install, configure, test, troubleshoot and maintain hardware (like servers and its components) and server software (like Google's Linux cluster). You'll also take on the configuration of more complex components such as networks, routers, hubs, bridges, switches and networking protocols. You'll participate in or lead small project teams on larger installations and develop project contingency plans. A typical day involves manual movement and installation of racks, and while it can sometimes be physically demanding, you are excited to work with infrastructure that is at the cutting-edge of computer technology.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Contribute to efforts and projects in the deployment, maintenance and support of current and new data center infrastructure.
- Help test and troubleshoot new server hardware components and designs.
- Configure and troubleshoot OS-related challenges on servers.
- Identify issues, file bugs/tickets and/or escalate as needed.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience diagnosing and troubleshooting operating system and computer/server hardware.
- Experience with networking protocols.
- Ability to lift/move (25kg~) equipment as required.
- Experience working within a data center or network operation center environment.
- Ability to collaborate and partner with teams to overcome challenges.
- Ability to adapt to changes in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to speak and write in French fluently and idiomatically.
If you recognize yourself in these responsibilities and qualifications, please send us your resume by email, at email@example.com, with "References + your name" as title.
Postulez à l’offre: Data Center Hardware Operations Technician
Vous avez déjà téléchargé un CV? Connectez-vous pour postuler instantanément