Data Center IT Infrastructure Manager
ABOUT THE JOB
Google isn't just a software company. The Hardware Operations team is responsible for monitoring the state-of-the-art physical infrastructure behind Google's powerful search technology. As a Data Center IT Infrastructure Manager, you will manage a team of Data Center Technicians. You will oversee the quality installation of server hardware and components and take charge of complicated installations/troubleshooting.
Your team will install, configure, test, troubleshoot and maintain hardware (like servers and its components) and server software (like Google's Linux cluster). They will also take on the configuration of more complex components such as networks, routers, hubs, bridges, switches and networking protocols. They may lead small project teams on larger installations and develop project contingency plans.
As a Data Center IT Infrastructure Manager, you will manage a team of Operations Assemblers and Operations Engineers. You will oversee the quality installation of server and network hardware and components, and troubleshoot any challenges. You will manage day-to-day operations and lead the installation, configuration, testing and troubleshooting of our servers. In addition, you will also oversee the deployment of complex network components of the data center, lead teams on larger installations and develop project contingency plans.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Oversee the day-to-day management of teams within data center operations.
- Work together to identify and resolve problems and create solutions for our global computing and network architecture.
- Manage the implementation of projects within the team.
- Hire, coach and develop a team to achieve strategic business goals.
- Ensure data center-related priorities are consistent with company objectives.
- BA/BS degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience managing technical teams.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- Experience working in data center environments, including building and operating large-scale infrastructure.
- Experience with Linux/Unix system administration.
- Experience with initiating and executing strategic initiatives in a global environment.
- Knowledge of networks and computer hardware architecture, including maintenance and repair.
- Demonstrated passion for operations and people management.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
If you recognize yourself in these responsibilities and qualifications, please send us your resume by email, at firstname.lastname@example.org, with "References + your name" as title.
Postulez à l’offre: Data Center IT Infrastructure Manager
Vous avez déjà téléchargé un CV? Connectez-vous pour postuler instantanément
Plus de recherches comme celle-ci
- Offres | IT / Internet | IT / Informatique: hardware | Non communiqué
- Offres | IT Management | IT / Informatique: hardware | Non communiqué
- Offres | Project Manager | IT / Informatique: hardware | Non communiqué
- Offres | Technique / Production / Maintenance industrielle | IT / Informatique: hardware | Non communiqué
- Offres | Operations Manager | IT / Informatique: hardware | Non communiqué