ASIT biotech is a Belgian clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and future commercialization of a range of breakthrough immunotherapy products for the treatment of allergies. Thanks to its innovative ASIT+TM technology platform, ASIT biotech is currently the only developer of AIT product candidates consisting of a unique mixture of highly purified natural allergen fragments in an optimal size selection. This innovation results in a short treatment, expected to improve patient compliance and real-life effectiveness. ASIT biotech’s product pipeline entails two novel ASIT+™ product candidates targeting respiratory allergy with the highest prevalence (i.e. grass pollen: gp-ASIT+TM and house dust mite: hdm-ASIT+TM), that could significantly expand the current immunotherapy market. The Company believes that its innovative ASIT+™ platform is flexible and would be applicable across a range of allergies.
ASIT biotech has a headcount of 25 staff members, located in Liège, Belgium.
The Laboratory Technician performs most of the work concerning in vivo technical operations with mice including blood sampling, injections, dissections, ... He/She executes other downstream experiments and analyses in order to characterize product candidates. The Laboratory Technician is also involved in the elaboration of study plans, analysis of results and writing of reports in collaboration with the rest of the team. He/She is in charge of the laboratory management of the pre-clinical department and is responsible for the order and stock management of all specific material to conduct preclinical studies in vitro and in vivo.
He/She reports directly to the Head of Operations.
- Perform animal experimentations in agreement with the company standards and in the respect of animal welfare and other regulations.
- Develop, qualify/validate and perform robust bioanalytical methods in vitro and ex vivo to support the company pipeline.
- Troubleshoots and resolves experimental issues while ensuring a constant improvement of procedures.
- Collect data and make critical analysis of results.
- Participate in the design of experiments and redaction of scientific reports.
- Report to the team leader and interact with other team members to coordinate actions.
- Participate in the elaboration of new methods for in vivo/in vitro models.
- Ensure the cleaning and management of the preclinical laboratory with the aim of generating high quality results.
- Manage the stock of specific products for preclinical analyses including making orders, price negotiations and follow up of delivery.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Sciences.
- F.E.L.A.S.A category B/C certified.
- 3 years of practical experience in biopharmaceutical companies in R&D.
- Good experience of in vivo experimentation with mice.
- Good knowledge of immunoassays is an asset.
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of direction.
- Must work effectively within a team to meet objectives under time constraints.
- Results orientation with a proven ability to get things done.
- Willingness to work in fast paced and dynamic team environment. Agility.
- Positive attitude, plenty of energy, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Rigorous, dynamic, organized and flexible.
- Proficient in English and able to understand technical documents.
- A challenging leading position within a stimulating and dynamic work environment.
- The opportunity to have direct impact on the results of a high-potential biotech company.
- An attractive compensation package in line with the position responsibilities and your experience.
You can apply via the online application form.
Agency calls are not appreciated