Ingénieur Technologie Mécatronique - Mechatronic Technology Engineer H/F
Vesuvius is a global leader in metal flow engineering, providing a full range of engineering services and solutions to its customers worldwide, principally serving the steel and foundry industries.
Mechatronic department based in Ghlin designs robotic solution for continuous casting application.
Integrated in this department you will be in charge of conception, design, testing and commissioning of robotic equipment.
Reports To (strong line and dotted line):
Mechatronic R&D Manager
Number of and profile of reportees (direct and indirect):
Financial responsibility (budget, revenue, assets, …):
Budget of their project (follow up and sensitivity to)
5 main accountabilities:
- Carry out systems development and project follow up based on technical specifications. This is including: solution definition, mechanical engineering, product improvement, integration with electrical design and automation team.
- Actively participate to shop test (FAT test procedure and FAT test)
- Build technical documentation of product and project (user manual, CE file, customer file, risk assessments)
- Actively participate to equipment commissioning, involving multiple travelling worldwide for several weeks
- Autonomy in solution finding and troubleshooting
Main interactions – internal (nature, frequency, level):
Yes, with R&D Team, Techno commercial dpt, Patent dpt & Engineering
Main interactions – external (nature, frequency, level):
Yes, with Vesuvius local representatives, final customers and suppliers
Engineer in mechanical engineering, mechatronic engineering or electromechanical engineering
Experience (number of years, seniority level, nature):
> 5 years
- Very good mechanical design skills (CATIA, Solidworks, PROE, …)
- Good knowledge in Mechanical engineering.
- Project management capabilities
- Basic knowledge pneumatic and hydraulic.
- Knowledge in robotic programming is an asset.
- Previous experience in international working environment is an asset.
- Very good practical feeling
- Hands on capability
- Autonomous, creative, committed
- Fluent in English
- Ready to travel WW