We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague to reinforce our team.
Our headquarters are located in the Business park of van Gellingen/Ghislenghien.
Are you the ideal candidate for the challenge and ready to contribute to the growth of our group?
Reporting to: Procurement Manager
We are looking for an organized, motivated and dedicated individual to join our team at Paul Dehaen nv, wholesaler of FMCG. As Purchaser, you will play an integral role in the daily operations of our business, ensuring that critical FMCG purchase orders are processed on time. Before placing an order, the Purchaser carefully checks purchase orders for accuracy, completeness and clarity. The Purchaser must verify that product information, packaging information, cost and expiry dates are all correct before obtaining authorization to place an order. The Purchaser verify current inventory levels and keep records to prevent inventory gaps. They note when inventory is low and it is time to order new products.
Work involves initiating purchase requests and keeping track of the stages through which each order is routed until receipt. Work also involves maintaining and improving our relations with existing suppliers while finding new suppliers. Work also involves shipping and receiving responsibilities for materials purchased including filing damage claims.
You will need to be energetic and willing to learn, with good communication skills, and a desire to negotiate excellent deals on behalf of the business, so good negotiation skills are a must. You enjoy analysing and solving complex offer and have careful attention to detail. You do not need specific experience in the industry, but you need to be ready and willing to get stuck in, and complete, time sensitive tasks quickly and effectively. You will work under the direction of our Procurement Manager, who will give you full training in the skills required for successful procurement and purchasing. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to join a highly motivated procurement team.
Your daily tasks will include:
• Working directly with the Procurement Manager to streamline the procurement process
• "Translate" Offer from Supplier into internal standard
• Negotiating prices with suppliers
• Nurture relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices
• Identify and research potential new suppliers
• Producing purchase orders
• Track and record purchase orders
• Organize and schedule procurements in a timely manner
• Receive, inspects, files damage claims with freight companies or vendors.
• Filing, organising, and matching invoices with delivery notes and Purchase Order
• Liaising with the Logistics Manager regarding stock management
• Prepares periodic reports related to purchasing, receiving and inventory control
• Participate in annual on-site inventory
• Obtains and updates information on open market and purchase prices.
Candidate Requirements and Qualification:
• 2-5 years of previous experience in procurement or purchasing
• English, Dutch and French
• Strong emphasis on accuracy and detail
• Good time management and organizational/administration skills
• Knowledge of an ERP and strong experience with Excel
• Excellent communication skills
• A desire to negotiate and pursue great deals
• The ability to work unaided and make decisions on the spot
Send your resume & motivation letter to POSTULER button
With subject: Purchaser (M/F) (*)
(*) Only relevant candidatures will be taken into account.