Automation Engineer (M/W)
Automation Engineer (Ref AE-SYS_001)
Carry out Projects and engineering design work supporting the Project Manager. The main duty is to do the engineering and to provide the required automated systems to meet customer specific application and needs. This includes Level 0 and Level 1 automation (PLC programming, sensors integration, network configuration, electrical engineering, etc) as well as Mechatronics (robotics, vision-based robot guidance / identification / inspection, etc).
Design product developments and custom designs when required into specific customer installation projects. The Automation Engineer is responsible for the conception, detail engineering coordination including selection of main components, programming at PLC and computer level, product documentation build up, shop testing, commissioning and maintenance.
Department: Engineering in GH
Reports To (strong line and dotted line): Automation Manager GH
Number of and profile of reportees (direct and indirect): None
Financial responsibility (budget, revenue, assets, …): None
- Responsible for automation, electrical and mechatronics design work in respect to the technical specifications and project planned delivery mile stones.
- Organise and follow up the drafting work of the designer (draftsmen) on the home site and remote sites. Responsible for drawings check, approval and official release for manufacturing. Consider manufacturing cost parameters in the design.
- Validation of the new design and product development during the shop test and commissioning.
- Coordination and technical support to Operations and Suppliers during manufacturing process.
- Design as per the relevant norms.
- Set up and maintenance of Design Rules to share best practices across the group.
- Report progress proactively to the Project Manager and customers. Administrate the work.
- Report and coordinate technical issues or products continuous improvement to the relevant Product Manager. Handle the associate technical documentation work.
Main interactions – internal (nature, frequency, level):
Automation Manager GH, Project Managers, Operations, Designers, Product Managers, Customer service.
Main interactions – external (nature, frequency, level):
Customer, Sales Areas and Suppliers.
Master degree in Electrical, Automation or Mechatronic Engineering..
Experience in robotics and mechatronics projects is preferred.
Experience (number of years, seniority level, nature):
2 to 5 years in heavy industry environment with design responsibilities is an asset. Mechatronic background is a plus.
- Very Good in Electrical/Automation design (conception, calculation, equipment selection, detail engineering design, PLC programming). A certain degree of creativity is expected.
- Knowledge in Hydraulic and other media is a plus.
- Knowledge on robotics engineering and programming is a plus.
- PLC Programming (Siemens S7 / TIA)
- Practical approach and hands on capability with interest for heavy industry application.
- Able to work in team with good management and leadership skills.
- Good English speaking, writing and reading.
- Autonomous and Committed.
- Proactive and Organised.