Senior Project Engineer (m/f)
FUTERRO is a world leader in the field of Bioplastics technology. Based in Belgium (Brussels and Escanaffles, Hainaut) we are specialise in PLA (Poly Lactic Acid), a biopolymer used as an alternative for conventional plastics.
FUTERRO is offering licenses for the production of lactic acid by fermentation (the monomer), the PLA (the Polymer) and LOOPLA a new recycling process converting the PLA back into lactic acid (the recycling unit). Worldwide demand for PLA is growing rapidly. The PLA has a low carbon foot-print which minimizes the impact of its production on the global warming.
For more details on LOOPLA, please check our video on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJEUf_mINxY
To support its strong growth, FUTERRO aims to enlarge its team, by hiring a specialist for the following position:
- Ensures the technical part of the equipment Contract review;
- Coordinates the engineering team following project engineering instructions and procedures (existing or to be created);
- Ensures the issue, the validation and the maintenance of the project equipment lists and/or other key engineering documents as applicable to each project;
- Supervises the issue of engineering deliverables and approves the key engineering documents;
- Participates in project planning by providing engineering milestones and requirements;
- Ensures effective technical coordination with the Customer's representatives and maintains a good communication with the Customer;
- Consolidates the engineering budgets based on discipline departments budgets;
- Ensures budget control over project duration. In case of variation alerts the Project Management and suggests mitigation measures when needed;
- Leads the design and safety reviews and supervises the followup of the outcomes;
- Together with the engineering team, designs, selects and validates supplier for key equipment (worldwide)
- Participates in contract management by initiating, collecting and consolidating the variation requests and change orders;
- Ensures the engineering final folder is properly prepared and filed, identifying and including the key-recommendations and lessons learned for the engineering team.
- Constructive spirit in approaching the tasks;
- Ability to work without errors, in an efficient and structured way, paying attention to details;
- Strong supervisory skills for planning, organizing and communication;
- Good personnel management skills.
- Bachelor & Master’s degree in (Electro)Mechanical Engineering; Good command of English. French would be a plus, but is not mandatory;
- Relevant professional experience and strong track record in project engineering management;
- Availability to travel on job quite often;
- Show interest in the success and development of the project.
- A rich and varied position;
- Opportunity to participate actively in the strategic development of various projects;
- Interesting job in a rapidly growing, young and dynamic company, which combines the international dimension with the human size of an SME;
- A job that encourages autonomy and team spirit.