Senior Financial Controller - Brussels
Robert Half Finance & Accounting is currently looking for a Senior Financial Controller for a permanent position based in Brussels.
Our client is a fast growing company active in the bank sector.
As Senior Financial Controller you will be responsible for:
- You will be a key contact point for different departments within the group;
- You will review and manage the closing process at each reporting period;
- You will control, analyze, validate and report on the major movements in the balance sheet and income statement under both BEGAAP and IFRS;
- You will analyze major transactions and movements to ensure the applicable accounting standards have been applied;
- You will optimize the internal controls and processes by identifying critical points and implementing the improvements;
- You will be the project leader for certain projects within your domain;
- You will coach, support and advice colleagues from different departments;
- You will help senior management to understand and manage the balance sheet and income statement;
- You will ensure full compliance with applicable accounting standards;
- You will prepare documentation for external parties (regulator/auditor) and senior management.
The required profile for the Senior Financial Controller position:
- You have a degree from university or equivalent experience;
- You have several years of experience in the financial or accounting world;
- Experience in a control and/or audit firm is an advantage;
- Experience in process analysis is an advantage;
- Experience in project management is an advantage;
- You can take initiative and are result driven;
- You are a planner and persistent;
- You have a keen analytical, conceptual and broad mind;
- You are a fluent communicator (orally and in writing).
Interested in this position of Senior Financial Controller at a young and dynamic company? Apply today.
By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: