Cost Analyst - Brussels
Robert Half Finance & Accounting is currently looking for a Cost Analyst for a permanent position based in Brussels.
Our client is a world leading company active in the chemical sector.
As Cost Analyst you will be responsible for:
Lead the cash grants and subsidies process. Play a key interface role between the business, banks, central treasury, project control and local finance team.
- Lead the applications process to obtain available cash incentives for the project.
- Work closely with the finance manager and selected financial advisors to obtain project financing;
- Coordination and responsibility for preparation of due diligence materials by external parties;
- Coordinating and responding to queries from financial counterparts and government agencies;
- Preparation of monthly financial and progress reporting financial stakeholders;
- Assistance in review of financial definitions and calculations;
- Coordinate the cash drawdown process with lenders ensuring all eligible content is captured;
- Coordinate cash requirements and funding with UK treasury and provide daily/weekly cash forecast for Project One;
- Manage cash reporting process;
- Assistance with wire and "one off" payments;
- Gather and prepare transactional documents for external audit (gov. agencies, banks, financial auditors…);
- Provide back-up role for monthly reporting and closing process.
Be part of the Belgian cash and bank team to insure work group as follows :
- Monitor more than 25 Bank accounts;
- Maintain and archive all documentation relating to banks accounts, list of signatories, loans, IHC agreements and bank/rental/suppliers guaranties;
- Set up a good network of communication with the local banks contacts in order to get the best service at the right moment;
- Ensure all cash transactions are posted in a timely manner, FEBA, manual postings;
- Reconcile the bank accounts at the start of each day. Control incoming/outgoing payments, collecting payroll data's, funding, manual payments. Complete daily bank account reconciliations and solve all differences before doing any further tasks;
- Ensure local funding to allow payments are processed in full by banks;
- Coordinate and facilitate funding through IHC with Treasury UK;
- Ensure all transactions are duly authorised in accordance with bank mandates;
- Reconcile in-house cash (IHC) accounts on a monthly basis and interests calculation;
- Help the business to proactively manage the cash in order to smooth out fluctuations;
- Provide to European Treasury the weekly balances of all bank accounts and analyse level of local bank position;
- Follow up bank guarantees with the businesses;
- Participate to the financial audits of Belgian entities.
The required profile for the Cost Analyst position:
- Master in Finance Controlling or High Degree in Accounting with minimum 3 years of experience in controlling or cash management;
- SAP (FI);
- Dutch or French speaker with excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Experience in cash and bank accounting for several years in international environment;
- General accounting principles : Belgian Gaap;
- Understanding of the principles of strong internal control;
- Able to work to tight deadlines and reporting timetables;
- Communication negotiating skills;
- Proactive, self-motivated attitude, with good networking and influencing skills;
- Willingness to adapt, understanding the changing demands over a project's lifecycle;
- Respect of confidentiality;
- Able to work under pressure to achieve objectives.
Interested in this position of Cost Analyst at a young and dynamic company? Apply today.
By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: