Accountant - FR/EN - Chemicals sector - South of Brussels
For one of my client, a global leader in insulation and fiberglass, I am looking for an Accountant who provides accounting support to the legal entities within the scope of the team.
For one of my client, a global leader in insulation and fiberglass, I am looking for an Accountant who provides accounting support to the legal entities within the scope of the team. This team is responsible to ensure the correct and timely accounting over their entities in Europe (6).
Responsible for providing the support to the Accounting Manager in the financial close process of the companies under your scope. You will ensure accuracy and compliance of the reported results with both US GAAP and local GAAP :
- completeness of accruals and intercompany billing
- posting of all types of Journal Entries
- payroll accounting
- bank clearings
- assist SSC with the reconciliations process
- provide permanent support to SSC for postings and VAT advices
Supporting the team for local statutory compliance :
- ensure completeness of local Statutory entries
- assist Accounting Manager with audits
- VAT returns
- Tax & intrastat
- preparation of corporate tax reports
- statistical reporting
Maintain effective communication with :
- internal stakeholders to ensure an effective closing process
- external stakeholders to ensure a smooth audit process
- A bachelor's degree in Accountancy or at least 1-3 years of experience in an equivalent function;
- Excellent command of English, Good command of French;
- Strong MS Office skills, SAP is a plus;
- A self-reliant person and a team player who likes to work in a pro-active environment;
- Autonomous and fast learner.
- Competitive salary package;
- Challenging position with responsibilities;
- International environment - Global leader;
- Temporary mission of 1.5 year.