Offre d'emploi : Accountant
WeForest is fast growing international non-profit association with headquarters in Belgium and projects in Brazil, Ethiopia, India, Tanzania, and Zambia: it is demonstrating through the restoration of entire regions that well-planned reforestation can be the solution to today’s biggest challenge: global warming.
The activity is growing exponentially, and the organization is urgently looking for a part-time (80% or 60%) accountant to reinforce its central team in Brussels, Belgium.
Reporting to the Finance & Administration Director, and working closely to the Management controller, the accountant will help the organization ensuring that its finances are robust, accurate and provide financial transparency to our donors and sponsors.
- Manage accounts receivable (issue invoices to donors and sponsors, and follow-up on payments)
- Record and pay supplier invoices
- Bank reconciliations
- General Ledger postings (e.g. liabilities, asset depreciation, and salary postings)
- Update of the financial information in our Customer Relationship Management tool, and match related trees and polygons information
- Monthly VAT reporting
- Annual audit preparation
- National bank quarterly and yearly reporting
- Continuous improvement of financial accounting reporting
- Qualified accountant, with knowledge of Belgium’s accounting rules & regulations
- Minimum 2 years of work experience
- NGO experience is a plus
- Fluent in English, as well as French and/or Dutch
- Flexible: proactive problem-solving attitude, able to deal with tight deadlines and flexible to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Interest in environmental issues and development work in general
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Position 100% or 80% employee position, based in Brussels (near Central station), Belgium
Start date: As soon as possible
Package: Competitive package for a small NGO, with salary based on experience, hospitalisation insurance, meal vouchers, and pension plan.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, a motivation letter, and 2 recent references by October 7th 2019.
Make sure to mention the job title in the subject of the email, and to indicate where you saw the job post. And in your motivation letter, we’d love to read about what makes you happy to go to work!
Due to the anticipated high number of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We thank you in advance for your interest.