Offre d'emploi : Technical Director
Based in Brussels (Belgium), FIGIEFAis the European federation and political representative of the independent wholesalers and retailers of automotive replacement parts. Together with its 19 national European Member State members, it represents the interests of more than 30.000 companies trading with vehicle parts, components and accessories throughout Europe.
The aim of FIGIEFAis to safeguard a legislative environment in the EU that provides access to technical information, to the ‘connected vehicle’ and its in-vehicle data as well as to replacement parts/equipment as the basis for free and fair competition in the automotive aftermarket in a rapidly changing automotive technology environment.
In order to support the activities of its office in Brussels, we are currently looking for a (m/f):
As a Technical Director, you will lead all technical and ‘connected vehicle’ IT-related dossiers and processes in connection with FIGIEFA’s activities in the area of the automotive aftermarket and be an integral part of the senior management team for policy and strategy.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Lead FIGIEFA’s approach in all technical and ‘connected vehicle’ IT-related matters.
- Participate in meetings (in Brussels or EU) and take responsibility for the management of technical subjects and dossiers (e.g. telematics, EC type-approval legislation).
- Support the FIGIEFA Secretariat in its information activities and meetings.
- Advise and prepare answers on upcoming questions from the EU institutions and help in the preparation of position papers.
- Liaise with FIGIEFA’s partner alliance associations (AFCAR - Alliance for the Freedom of Car Repair in the EU) to agree and align the technical approach.
- Communicate with FIGIEFA legal/political experts and work out common strategies, statements, papers and positions.
- Report results and work evolution on a regular basis amongst the FIGIEFA team and AFCAR partners.
- You are a senior and experienced automotive technical expert or are experienced in vehicle-related IT technologies around the ‘connected vehicle’ (e.g. telematics and cybersecurity).
- You are, preferably, specialised in vehicle communication, vehicle design/functionality, diagnostics or contemporary and developing vehicle technologies.
- You have experience of the European automotive related legislative landscape/legislation
- You have experience of CEN/ISO standardisation structure and processes
- You have excellent oral, written, presentation and communication skills in English and strong interpersonal skills to effectively present and defend the technical aspects of FIGIEFA or AFCAR’s position.
- You are flexible, proactive, and able to work on your own as well as in close cooperation with the FIGIEFA Secretariat.
- You are able to assess the business consequences of new legislation, automotive technologies and vehicle related services.
- You are ready to travel frequently toother European countries.
· A senior, rewarding and high-profile position within a multi-national and challenging political environment that tackles a wide range of technical issues.
· The opportunity to support and promote free and fair competition in the automotive aftermarket and to safeguard a legislative environment at EU level.
· Various contacts with European and international institutions while representing the interests of FIGIEFA members.
· An appropriate salary and benefits package in line with the position responsibilities and your experience.
Your application and related information will remain strictly confidential.
Plus de recherches comme celle-ci
- Jobs : 0 offres d'emploi en IT / Internet | Bruxelles-Capitale
- Jobs : 0 offres d'emploi en Administration système | Bruxelles-Capitale
- Jobs : 0 offres d'emploi en Administrateur base de données | Bruxelles-Capitale
- Jobs : 0 offres d'emploi en ICT Engineer | Bruxelles-Capitale
- Jobs : 0 offres d'emploi en Informaticien | Bruxelles-Capitale