Offre d'emploi : Finance and Accounting Assistant
The European Liberal Forum asbl (ELF), the political foundation of the ALDE Party, is recruiting a full-time Finance and Accounting Assistant to join its secretariat in Brussels.
ELF is the political foundation of the ALDE Party. Together with 40 member organisations, it works all over Europe to bring new liberal ideas into the political debate, to provide a platform for discussion and to enable citizens to make their voices heard. Through its activities, it promotes a free, open and future-oriented liberal Europe. ELF is an NGO registered under Belgian-law.
- Preparing financial statements and reporting are a large part of the junior accountant’s day-to-day work. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers and attention to detail.
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Update accounts receivable and issue invoices
- Update accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Assist with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports
- Assist external accountants in the preparation of yearly closings
- Assist with bookkeeping, filing and archiving
- BSc/BA in accounting, finance or relevant field.
- Fluent English & French. Knowledge Dutch and or German an asset.
- Proven experience as a junior accountant or work experience as a Finance Assistant, Finance Officer or similar role.
- Advanced MS Excel skills (creating spreadsheets and using financial functions)
- Familiarity with accounting software (e.g. QuickBooks, Exact Accounting)
- Excellent organizing abilities
- Great attention to detail, good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- ELF is offering a permanent contract with extra legal benefits under Belgian labour law with a negotiable salary, depending on experience
- Ideal starting date: 2 September 2019.
Please send your application, including your CV, cover letter and availability to start, by Friday 20 August 2019, 12:00 PM (noon) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
Postulez à l’offre: Finance and Accounting Assistant
Vous avez déjà téléchargé un CV? Connectez-vous pour postuler instantanément