Offre d'emploi : BSPHO is looking for a CEO (1/2 FTE)
BSPHO is looking for a CEO (1/2 FTE)
In the context of the development of its activities, its development, BSPHO (Belgian Society pediatric haematology oncology) is currently looking for a CEO.
The Chief Executive will be responsible for providing supervision and management to the clinical trial coordination cell team, developing and implementing BSPHO’s strategic and business plans, leading on partnership and business development, and being an effective advocate for BSPHO activities and its final beneficiaries. He/she will also provide operational management and financial control and ensure good governance across all aspects of the organization.
Job description Role
Chief Executive Hours: Half time (19 hours per week)
Place of Work: BSPHO Office (Woluwe-Saint-Lambert) + possibility of home working
Reports to: Board
Line management: Team Trial managers + secretary
Attractive salary package : salary depending on experience + benefits( health insurance, cell phone, laptop, meal vouchers)
Main duties and responsibilities
Supervision and management
- Be the face and voice of the organization – and give the floor to board member when it is related to scientific questions.
- Liaise with, support and motivate all staff and secure their loyalty and commitment to BSPHO’s aims, objectives and ambitions.
- Seek out, develop and maintain effective working relationships with all relevant organizations and individuals to promote the work of BSPHO and facilitate the implementation of its strategic objectives.
- Lead by example, instilling a culture of professionalism and inclusion, supported by coaching, training and development.
- Liaise with the Board in relation to the development of BSPHO’s strategic vision and be responsible for leading the implementation of it.
- Be responsible for the development and delivery of BSPHO’s agreed business plan.
- Identify strategic risks, issues and opportunities and take responsibility for initiating and leading associated changes.
- Seek out and implement opportunities for innovation and ensure that BSPHO remains at the forefront of positive change in its sector.
Partnership and Business Development
- Lead the promotion and development of BSPHO work, raising the organization profile and maximizing its reach.
- Seek out, develop and nurture beneficial partnerships with supporters, donors, other charities and all relevant authorities/organizations
- Work towards the achievement of long-term sustainability, developing the organization’s business model and maximizing income, for example from fundraising (with the exception of the general public), and in a second stage from service contracts and earned income.
- Adopt a creative and innovative approach to development, remaining open to new ideas and opportunities.
Advocacy and influencing
- Be a passionate and effective advocate in advancing BSPHO’s objective. This will include networking at senior level with like-minded charities, academic institutions, government and local authority departments.
- Be responsible for the implementation of all the BSPHO’s organizational plans.
- Run directly or oversee all operational functions
- Run : Grants / projects funding application, communication (including reporting)
- Oversee : administration, finance.
- Ensure that BSPHO services, contracts and projects are delivered to the highest standard with due regard for time scales, targets and budgets.
- Take overall responsibility for the recruitment, management and effective deployment of staff
- Line manage the full BSPHO team
- Ensure that the financial resources of BSPHO are managed effectively and that BSPHO remains in good financial health, identifying risks and taking appropriate action.
- Liaise with the Board to develop and lead on the implementation of the financial plans, including setting budgets, formulating income generation strategies and overseeing of running all funding activities (grants), trials and projects.
- Maintain effective financial management and control systems; ensure delivery within budgets and to performance targets and oversee production of management accounts, statutory accounts and annual reports.
Governance and Compliance
- Liaise with the Board to ensure that the organization’s overall governance structure, policies and procedures are appropriate and effective, taking remedial measures and implementing changes as necessary
- Attend all Board meetings and prepare a written report in advance of each meeting detailing matters of interest and concern regarding BSPHO’s activities during the previous period; ensure that the Board is made aware in a timely fashion of any matters requiring its attention.
- Develop and maintain effective operational policies and processes in all the organization’s functions. Review and update scope and content to meet legal, regulatory and best practice needs.
- Ensure the development and practical application of all organizational policies and procedures e.g. with regard to health and safety, equality and diversity, and safeguarding.
- Ensure that collection and protection of personal information complies with current Data Protection regulations.
- Educated to university degree level or equivalent professional qualification.
- Proven record of achievement in a senior position within a not for profit organization / hospital / university / pharma industry over at least three years.
- Experience of effective partnership working and development and external relationship management.
- Experience of managing, motivating and developing staff.
- Experience of business planning, business development and funding through grants.
- Experience of project management and service delivery across multiple functions.
- Financial management skills including budgeting and delivery of cost and income targets.
- Understanding of clinical research
- Robust approach to governance, controls and definition/implementation of new processes.
- Experience of financial and risk management.
- Experience in clinical research / medical sector.
- Experience of managing organizational change.
Skills and knowledge
- Inspirational management and motivational skills.
- Highly organized and personally effective.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Perfectly trilingual English / French / Dutch
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to persuade and influence, both face to face and in writing.
- Strong financial skills, including the ability to analyze budgets and accounts and manage them.
- Outstanding business development skills.
- Rigorous analytical skills.
How to apply ?
Send CV, motivation letter, and 2 professional references before 11/11/19 to Benoit Fiévez via button POSTULER.
Contact and info: Benoit Fiévez - 0478/25.43.11
Plus de recherches comme celle-ci
- Jobs : 0 offres d'emploi en Administration / Secrétariat | Bruxelles-Capitale
- Jobs : 0 offres d'emploi en Administration générale | Bruxelles-Capitale
- Jobs : 0 offres d'emploi en Office Management | Bruxelles-Capitale
- Jobs : 0 offres d'emploi en Direction / Management | Bruxelles-Capitale
- Jobs : 0 offres d'emploi en Directeur général | Bruxelles-Capitale