Offre d'emploi : Engineering Support – Educational CubeSat Programme
Redu Space services (RSS) has a vacancy for Engineering Support in ESA Education Office, Strategy Department, Director General’s Services.
ESEC-Galaxia, Transinne (Belgium).
The ESA Education Office has the objective to use space as a theme to enhance the literacy of young people in science and technology and to motivate young Europeans to pursue a space related career. The Office personnel is based partially at the ESA Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC) in The Netherlands, and partially at the ESEC-Galaxia in Transinne, Belgium.
Detailed information on the activities of the ESA Education Office can be found on: http://www.esa.int/education.
The ESA Education Office requests Engineering Support for the undertaking of the ESA Academy CubeSat programme (Fly Your Satellite). In particular, the following work packages are to be covered:
Support to Phase C (design):
- Coordination of and participation in system engineering activities in support of design, verification and mission operations by performing review of project technical documentation, requirements management, system modeling and analysis, technical budgets maintenance, and support to assembly integration and testing campaigns;
- Requirements management;
- Review of CubeSat design data packages;
- Preparation of ESA technical and management documentation for project reviews and launch campaigns, and for internal and outreach purposes;
- Coordination of the hardware & software Preliminary and Critical Design Reviews;
- Liaising with ESA technical and quality experts for the follow-up of the design review & consolidation, anomaly investigations and resolution of technical issues;
- Day to day follow‐up with university teams.
Support to Phase D (AIV):
- Support of CubeSat teams in the preparation of, and assist ESA specialists in the review of CubeSat AIV and test documentation;
- Assistance to the CubeSat Support Facility manager, to plan, prepare and execute ambient and environmental test campaigns at the CubeSat Support Facility with university teams on CubeSat engineering and flight equipment;
- Assistance in the operation of test equipment at the CubeSat Support Facility.
Support to Phase E (operations):
- Coordination of and support to launch preparation and launch campaigns;
- Set-up and bringing into use of a ground station in support of university CubeSat operations, and to be used for future training activities on mission operations.
Support to the CubeSat-related Training and Learning Programme activities and the overall objectives of the ESA Education Office:
- In collaboration with the Training and Learning Programme, offering of engineering support for the development and undertaking of CubeSat-related training weeks;
- Contribution to the promotion of educational opportunities and activities carried out by the ESA Education Office.
Applicants for this post should have a Master’s degree in Aerospace Engineering or equivalent qualification in engineering, with significant experience in space-related projects. Teaching experience at University level would be an asset.
Candidates are expected to demonstrate strong interest in education activities in the field of science and technology in general. Previous experience in developing training sessions or educational projects or teaching would be an asset.
Candidates will be expected to demonstrate good organisational and reporting skills as well as a proactive attitude to problem-solving. They should be capable of coordinating multiple projects and provide engineering support. They must demonstrate an ability to communicate and cooperate efficiently, to establish and maintain good working relationships with a wide range of ESA staff at different levels as well as with representatives of academia, industry and ESA’s international partners.
The working languages of the Agency are English and French. A good knowledge of one of these is required together with a working knowledge of the other.
If you wish to apply for this job opportunity, please submit your application letter and CV by email.