Offre d'emploi : Locksmith/Carpenter
The incumbent reports to the Carpentry Shop Foreman and their primary work location is in the warehouse located in Zaventem with the Carpentry team. Duties include designing, building, and finishing furniture and cabinets. Repair wood doors and windows, refinishes or replaces wood floors, builds crates and installs shelves.
- The average residence has 6 locksets that Facilities replaces and maintains. The total number of locksets for the Tri-Missions housing pool is 1,560 locksets.
- Roughly 100 transfers are expected every year that will require 600 locksets to be installed in new residences and replaced in the existing residences once the tenant departs post.
- Replacing locksets involves three stages:
- Measuring the thickness of each door and purchasing and assembling cylinders for the new lockets to fit.
- Rekeying them to work on the same key and making 11 sets of keys.
- Installation of the lockset.
- For a single residence, the transportation, procurement, and technical work involved generally takes about one full day. This is just for make-readies and does not account for unexpected repairs or trouble calls.
- Working with customers to determine what their requirements are and to design a piece of furniture or cabinet that would meet their needs. This includes taking measurements, making drawings, and developing a cost estimate.
- Measure, cut, and attach laminates and other types of protective surfaces.
- Measure, order, and install marble, quartz, and other types of stone counter tops.
- Build custom crates for high value artwork and electronics.
- Refinish office furniture, tables, chairs, dressers, bed frames and other types of wood furniture from the Embassy furniture pool.
- Install or replace leather or material furniture upholstery.
- Deliver and install custom built cabinets.
- Install, refinish, and or replace damaged parquet or planked wood flooring.
- Refinish installed cabinets, handrails, stairs, doors and door frames.
- Fill and finish holes in walls, cabinets, and doors.
- Install, refinish, or replace floor, chair, and crown molding.
- Hang wallpaper, borders, and art.
- Install child safety devices such as gates, window latches, and netting.
- Replace window glass and glazing windows.
Responsible for conducting administrative duties such as maintaining equipment logbooks, scheduling tracking, and reconciliation of work orders. Once the Carpenter completes a task, they are responsible for obtaining the necessary information to fill out the work order in the Global Maintenance Management System (GMMS) to include hours worked, travel time, material nomenclature, and cost. Fills in the appropriate information and completes the work order.
The incumbent orders replacement parts, tools and consumables needed to perform the maintenance tasks associated with the position.
The incumbent identifies repairs and replacement parts, obtains bids, and completes the proper paperwork to purchase them. Use petty cash (100 US Dollars) to make small purchases and makes 5,000 US Dollars of Blanket Purchase Agreement purchases annually. The incumbent is responsible for the proper use of Post’s Blanket Purchase Agreements for supplies and the reconciliation is the responsibility of the employee in accordance with proper procurement procedures.