Offre d'emploi : Corporate Business Controller
At Galactic, we believe that Food Safety, Nutrition and Natural Solutions through Green Chemistry will become more and more important for the future of Humanity.
Since 1994 we specialize in fermentation, we offer a broad range of natural antimicrobials and clean label solutions. Always produced by fermentation, we offer innovative natural solutions including lactic acid, lactates, and other derivatives. Our subsidiary FUTERRO is licensing proprietary technologies for the production of Lactic Acid and PLA, a new Bioplastic made from lactic acid.
With headquarters in Belgium, production facilities in the United States (Milwaukee), China (Guzhen-Anhui) and Europe (Escanaffles), and sales offices in Belgium (Brussels), China (Bengbu-Anhui), United States (Milwaukee), Japan (Tokyo) and Brazil (Curitiba), Galactic employs 250 people worldwide and is active in more than 80 countries.
To reinforce our Corporate Finance-Controlling team based in Belgium, we are looking for a
Corporate Business Controller
Reporting to the Corporate CFO in charge of Finance, Controlling and Business Information
- Focusing on improving business performance, reporting and planning.
- Guaranteeing the integrity and accuracy of financial & business information (from our multiple ERP databases) needed to perform the business performance analysis of the Galactic Group entities (Mother company and subsidiaries).
- Overseeing the control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures of the different Galactic entities.
- Developing and monitoring business performance metrics (business and financial KPIs, including the KPI balance sheets: DSO, DPO, DIO, Cash Flow, …).
- Focusing on a good reporting and preparing financial and business reports (after collecting and checking information from the different entities), the goal of which is to ensure efficient and business oriented monthly performance reporting and to provide management with information and advices useful for the decision-making process (realizing the necessary REBITDA and cash conversion improvements).
- Preparing annual and periodic consolidations (financial and business-related).
- Managing the budget process and guaranteeing the consistency thereof.
- Highlighting and summarizing the gaps between actual and budget figures.
- You have a higher financial or business education (bachelor, master, or equivalent by experience).
- You are comfortable with the use of IT, including working with an ERP (Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Nav is an advantage) and using reporting and analysis tools (excel, pivots, BI tools to be developed) with a good proficiency in using the MS Office tools.
- You have a strong ability to understand the business, implement and monitor financial and business performance metrics.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in industrial and/or commercial sector and/or have an auditing experience within a “Big 4” company.
- You are comfortable with a financial/commercial reporting role (ideally including the data management and each of its facets : checking, extraction, collection, analysis).
- You are able to work autonomously but like working as a member of a team with an extravert and proactive personality.
- You are passionate about business reality and ready to travel on a regular basis (4-6 times/year outside Europe).
- A challenging position giving you the possibility to take an active part in the development of a worldwide young and innovative company.
- A human sized company with international dimension, encouraging autonomy and team spirit.
- An interesting salary package with extra-legal advantages.
- You are fluent in English (mandatory). Knowledge of French is a plus.