Offre d'emploi : A Process Start up Engineer (m/f/x)
Are you in search of a new career move where you can make the difference in a human-sized biotechnology company that prioritizes clean innovative and competitive technology for Bioplastic production?
If so, now is the time to choose Futerro.
Futerro, is a world leader in the field of a new Bioplastic called PLA (Poly-lactic-acid) used as an alternative for conventional (petrol based) plastics. PLA effectively reduces the carbon footprint thus minimizing the impact on the global warming of the human activities. The demand is growing rapidly. Futerro is offering licenses to produce lactic acid by fermentation (the monomer), the PLA (the Polymer) and LOOPLA® a new recycling process converting PLA back into lactic acid (the recycling unit).
A first large plant is under commissioning in China (Bengbu-Anhui)
In order to support its engineering team, Futerro is recruiting a
A Process Start up Engineer (m/f/x).
The successful candidate will join the team with a first mission based in China.
The Process Engineer is expected to:
- Be a proactive participant in the team, working closely with Operations, Maintenance, Inspection, and the other Engineering disciplines to ensure thorough and complete communication of process issues to the team.
- Play an integral role in unit troubleshooting, taking the lead when necessary to facilitate problem resolution when the problem encountered is technical in nature and requires a Process Engineer's knowledge and expertise.
- Provide leadership in the identification of key process variables and in establishing safe upper and lower limits of those variables. This should be done with input from Operations, Inspection and the various other engineering disciplines.
- Identify opportunities to improve unit safety, environmental performance, reliability, and profitability and develop those opportunities as resources allow, or escalate awareness of the opportunity and seek additional resources as appropriate.
- Participate as necessary in reviews.
- Utilize Risk-Based Decision-Making skills in prioritizing work
- Work closely and effectively with other discipline experts.
- Keep Tech and Ops Management apprised of problematic unit conditions and issues as they arise.
- Maintain a Process Engineering Proactive Monitoring Workbook for each area s/he is responsible for.
- Maintain proactive monitoring variables, trends, tools, and overall unit proactive monitoring plan to facilitate the performance of the Ensure Safe Production (ESP) process.
- Spend appropriate time in the field in order to maintain a good awareness of operating issues and concerns.
What we need from you:
- Master or Bachelor’s degree (Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering) is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in refining/chemical/biotechnology plant technology support.
- Working knowledge of process control systems and theory.
- Previous assignment as Process start-up Engineer is a plus
- The individual must be proficient in the use of spreadsheets, computer, and simulation models
- Ready to spend long missions abroad.
- A unique opportunity to join a European group active in Biotechnology and Bioplastic
- A challenging position and a large responsibility giving you the possibility to take an active part in the development of a young, sustainable, and innovative company.
- A human sized company encouraging autonomy and team spirit.
- An interesting salary package with extra-legal advantages.
- English fluent as a working language
- Chinese is a plus.