Offre d'emploi : Accountant
6 jours restants
- Temps de travail
- Temps plein
Robert Half Finance & Accounting is currently looking for an Accountant for a permanent position based in Brussels.
Our client is a European foundation.
As Accountant you will be responsible for:
- Prepare financial statements and reporting on a day-to-day basis;
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all transactions are recorded;
- Update accounts receivables and issue invoices;
- Update accounts payables and perform reconciliations;
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and accounting and financial guidelines (i.e. local GAAP, IFRS and applicable European regulations);
- Review expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned;
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed;
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports;
- Ensure efficient liaison with day-to-day suppliers and clients from the design of contractual arrangement onwards to the termination of said contracts;
- Participate in the annual closing and auditing processes;
- Participate in bookkeeping, filing and archiving;
- Participate in further developing and implementing procurement policy;
- Contribute to the management of activities' related budgets (e.g. project budgeting, expenses' monitoring and closing);
- Participate in inventory management.
The required profile for the Accountant position:
- A university or specialized degree in accountancy;
- At least 3 years work experience in the field accountancy;
- English and French language (both written and oral) proficiency. Any additional European
- language will be considered an asset;
- BOB50 certification or proven experience with it;
- Computer literacy in MS Office tools including MS Excel proficiency. Experience with financial reporting tools or relevant accountancy software will be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of auditing, reporting and procurement provisions applicable in EU law (examples of references: EU Regulation 1141/2014; European Parliament Decision 2017/C 205/02; EU Regulation 282/2011);
- Basic knowledge of EU law related to EU budget management and European Parliament's
- financial regulation related to European political parties and foundations will be considered an asset (examples of reference: EU Financial regulation 2018/1046);
- Experience in financial reporting;
- Analytical and synthesis skills combined with attention to detail;
- Pragmatic approach and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- English and French language (both written and oral) proficiency. Any additional European language will be considered an asset;
- An appetite for dynamic organizations where both individual responsibility and team-work are prized;
- Readiness to exceptionally travel and adapt to flexible working hours.
Our client offers:
- The salary - which is paid on a 13,9 months per year basis - will be discussed depending on experience and qualifications. It is part of a generous remuneration package (including benefits such as: a complementary pension scheme, DKV hospitalization insurance, public transport compensation, a professional phone including the right to use it for private purposes or ecocheques).
Interested in this position of Accountant at a young and dynamic company? Apply today.
By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms:
Postulez à l’offre: Accountant
Vous avez déjà téléchargé un CV? Connectez-vous pour postuler instantanément