Offre d'emploi : Research Assistant –Immunohistochemistry - Preclinical Research
Research Assistant –Immunohistochemistry (M/F)
ABOUT ITEOS THERAPEUTICS SA
iTeos Therapeutics is a publicly-held (NASDAQ: ITOS), clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to extending and improving the lives of cancer patients by designing and developing next generation immunotherapies.
Based in Gosselies, Belgium and Cambridge, MA, iTeos Therapeutics was founded out of the Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research (LICR) and the de Duve Institute (UCLouvain) in 2011. In March 2020, the Company completed a $125 million Series B2 financing, and in July 2020, we completed our IPO raising over $200million of proceeds.
This additional capital will allow us to continue to develop our clinical pipeline and maintain our investments in our discovery research team to leverage its fantastic science to improve the lives of cancer patients. For more information, please visit www.iteostherapeutics.com
iTeos Therapeutics is now considered as a world-class actor in the sector. To carry on its growth and reinforce its team, iTeos Therapeutics is looking for a Research Assistant –Immunohistochemistry (Preclinical research).
Within its Preclinical Department, iTeos is looking for a highly motivated and skilled Research Assistant. The successful candidate will help develop breakthrough cancer immunotherapies through laboratory work, supporting the validation of new IO targets but also the selection and characterization of preclinical candidates for our preclinical programs. In this role, the candidate will work independently and as part of a team to generate robust in vitro and immunohistochemistry (IHC) data packages, helping to guide decision making and timely progression to development and clinical trials. The lab is equipped with state-of-the art technologies to study in vitro and in vivo experimental models of immunology and cancer, and an automated platform for IHC to study cancer tissues.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented research assistant eager to contribute in a meaningful way to the development of innovative IO drugs for cancer patients.
More specifically, the responsibilities will be to :
· Provide key data to support timely decisions all along the project development towards a preclinical program and later on, to the clinic.
· Design, validate and perform experimental in vitro immunoassays using. Timekeeping in the lab is evaluated around 80%.
· Recognize anomalous and inconsistent results and interpret experimental outcomes.
- Compile, summarize and critically analyse data in order to present them at project team meetings.
- Show strong ownership by performing bibliographical research, propose and implement novel assays or technologies.
- Actively collaborate with other teams in the company and contribute to the positive work atmosphere within the group.
PROFILE · Master degree in Life Sciences.
· Minimum 3 years of relevant hands-on experience in the biotech/pharma industry or in a similar academic position.
· Hands-on experience in setting-up human immune cell based assays (isolation, handling of primary immune cells) and multicolour flow cytometry is highly desirable.
· Hands-on expertise in immunohistochemistry (antibody qualification, IHC/IF, scanning) and image analysis is required.
· Additional cell culture and molecular cell biology techniques are important assets (ELISA, qPCR, experience with MSD or Luminex platform, gene expression analysis).
· Knowledge of cytometry softwares such as Diva and FlowJo is highly desirable.
· Knowledge on quantitative pathology such as Visiopharm is a plus.
· Good command of English (oral and written).
· Autonomous, flexible, committed, detail-oriented with a strong sense of time management.
· Team spirit, an inquisitive mindset with strong problem-solving skills are essentials.
- A stimulating position within a high-potential innovative biotech company
- The opportunity to work in a science-driven, dynamic, human‐sized, respectful and professional environment
- A challenging scientific and business growth in which you get to bring your knowledge and skills
- A permanent contract with an attractive salary package in line with the position responsibilities and your experience
Please send your CV together with an adapted cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application and related informations will remain strictly confidential.