Offre d'emploi : Tools Software Engineer
The Job Description
Together with a team of world-class experts, you analyze, prototype and develop critical software tools used to support the safe movement of trains across the world. As such:
- You report to the Software Director.
- You are the counterpart of the software safety team, ensuring all assets required by tool qualification activities are delivered in a timely manner, with the proper content.
- You interact with the front-line teams to keep a close understanding of our customers' needs and answer questions that are raised during presales activities.
- You collect your internal client's needs
- You design, develop and test tools (front end: GUI - UX) dedicated to the development, analysis and testing of critical systems. Tools range from IDE to simulators and workflow management.
- You actively participate to design and prototyping sessions.
On the side
- You propose new technology to be used and deployed at the signaling company. As such, you carry out the necessary benchmarks and cost / benefit analysis.
- You participate to a watch of software technological trends and cascade this awareness to the entire organization.
You are ideally based in Brussels, Belgium, or willing to relocate.
- You have a Master degree in Software Engineering/Computer Science.
- You have 4+ years experience in delivering software projects.
- You work in autonomy (management of your tasks), but with a clear team mindset (put your tasks in the company context and under guidance and decisions of your N+1. You admit that you can be wrong when a team member has a better idea)
- You are a user interface designer.
- You are fluent with Agile development techniques (such as but not limited to TDD, CI/CD, SCM using GIT, etc.)
- You are fluent with Python, C, C# or similar languages.
- You are a hacker. You were born with a keyboard in your hands, and can navigate in any code. You are comfortable going up and down the abstraction ladder. For you, working on low-level C code can be as exciting as tuning a neural network.
- You enjoy to go “hands on” when needed. You revere competence, whatever the task considered may be.
- Fluency in French and English is required. Knowledge of any other European language is a plus.
Considered a plus
- A familiarity with model based systems is a plus.
- You are familiar with the requirements for developing critical software products, ideally in railway, and have ideally participated in such development.
- You are familiar with cloud technology like Azure, AWS API, influx DB, etc.
- You have experience in the development of full Web full stack (e.g. Django, CSS, JS, HTML, CMS)
- You have experience in the development of real-time distributed systems, preferably in railway, automotive or aerospace industry.