Offre d'emploi : Branch manager “Accidents, consequences & response” (m/f)
Bel V is a subsidiary of the FANC (Federal Agency for Nuclear Control) and is in charge of the regulatory oversight in nuclear power plants and other nuclear and radiological installations in Belgium (research reactors…).
We are looking for a Branch Manager “Accidents, consequences & response” who is responsible for the overall coordination and coherence of all the review and assessment activities performed in the areas covered by the branch (accident analysis & management, radiological consequences, emergency preparedness & response).
This function is a Mid-management position, reporting to the Director Safety Assessment.
- The Branch Manager sets and monitors the objectives and priorities of the Review & Assessment Team (aka branch) “Accidents, consequences & response” in view of developing and maintaining the required competences.
- The Branch Manager leads his/her team with objectivity, openness and fairness, promotes the team working and is a.o. in charge of the development and evaluation of the team members (i.e. experts in the covered expertise domains).
- The Branch Manager evaluates the outcome(s) of the Branch:
- He/she is accountable for the outcomes from the Branch;
- He/she ensures that these outcomes (assessment conclusions, contribution to inspection activities & reports…) are produced in time and with the expected quality.
- He/she ensures the overall coordination and coherence of the activities of the Branch.
- The Branch Manager participates in the management of Bel V:
- He/she contributes to the definition of the general objectives of Bel V for the oversight in Nuclear Safety and Radiation Protection, within the framework of the applicable requirements and regulations;
- He/she contributes to the development and implementation of Bel V’s strategic initiatives;
- He/she contributes to the development of Bel V processes;
- He/she contributes to the elaboration of business plans;
- He/she contributes to the evaluation of process outcomes.
- Education: Civil Engineer in Physics, Nuclear sciences, Mechanics, Electricity, Chemistry, Construction, Computer science, Geology, or Master or PhD in Sciences, Physics, Chemistry…
- Meet the requirements for a security clearance delivered by the “Autorité nationale de sûreté / Nationale veiligheidsoverheid”.
- Appropriate knowledge of all expertise domains of the Branch, with a multidisciplinary view; Outstanding technical credibility.
- Member of mid-management with a confidential role, working from an obligation to achieve/meet objectives within the set deadlines.
- Experience: This function is accessible to candidates with a large experience (minimum 8 years) in the nuclear sector. Experience on mid-management level is a plus.
- Mother tongue is Dutch or French, with excellent knowledge of the other national language. Additionally, an excellent knowledge of English (reading, writing and speaking) is required.
- People/team management (conflict management, establish objectives and priorities, allocation of resources, lead a team with objectivity, openness and fairness, motivate, coaching).
- Capacity to defend Bottom-up/Top-down messages, Capacity to validate/endorse positions developed by the organization.
- Demonstrate strategic thinking; Capacity to anticipate needs and evolutions (expertise, resources, ...) ; Capacity to develop new ideas.
- Capacity to take decisions, in dialogue with the stakeholders, to build/attract support and to defend those decisions.
- Capacity to promote Bel V (internally and externally).
- Meeting the requirements for a class 1 expert certification, delivered by the Scientific Council of the FANC, is a plus.
Bel V offers a permanent employment contract (no free-lance contract possible) with various benefits:
- A competitive gross salary in accordance with your experience.
- Meal vouchers, cell phone, laptop, pension plan and medical insurance (favourable rate for family members).
- A monthly “mobility” budget (with possibility to opt for a company car and/or public transport card, etcetera).
- Minimum 31 holidays/year.
- A modern and comfortable work environment (along the canal, a few minutes from subway station Bizet).
- A pleasant and intellectually motivating work atmosphere with +/- 90 employees (of which 60 engineers).
Plus de recherches comme celle-ci
- Jobs : 0 offres d'emploi en Direction / Management | Bruxelles-Capitale
- Jobs : 0 offres d'emploi en Business Unit Manager | Bruxelles-Capitale
- Jobs : 0 offres d'emploi en Ingénieur / Ingénieur de production | Bruxelles-Capitale
- Jobs : 0 offres d'emploi en Ingénieur civil | Bruxelles-Capitale
- Jobs : 0 offres d'emploi en Ingénieurs - général | Bruxelles-Capitale